By ouch - 07/04/2015 01:51 - United States - Union City

Today, I stopped to replace a stuffed bear that had fallen from a small memorial for a girl killed nearby. Her mom happened to walk by and thought I was stealing it. She hit me with her purse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 565
You deserved it 2 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes I feel that even if you can do something good, but there is a chance you will get in trouble, DON'T DO IT.

Comments

Did you at least explain what you where doing? That usually helps, especially if you're good at talking to people.

You know that your life sucks when something bad happens when you do good. Happens to me all the time. :(

So accuse her of assault to get her attention? Or don't do nice things in front of clueless people.

I'm sure that after you explained yourself the woman would have apologized and thanked you. Hope you sorted it all out!

Are people confused? Guys, when OP says "replaced" they don't mean that they switched out the bear for a new one. That's only one definition of the word. Replaced in this context means to put back where it belongs- they "replaced," meaning they put the bear back after it fell off. "Re-place" like "place again." He was doing something decent and humane in the memory of this poor girl, and this is what he gets. People who (understandably, and accidentally) misinterpret the comment about them trying to do something nice. I'm so sorry to the OP about all of this. You do not deserve that. Sorry for the long winded comment. Just wanted to clarify.

BloodyGlass 10

Did you hit her back and tell her to ask before hitting next time? Also to not be such an abusive bitch?