By ouch - 07/04/2015 01:51 - United States - Union City

Today, I stopped to replace a stuffed bear that had fallen from a small memorial for a girl killed nearby. Her mom happened to walk by and thought I was stealing it. She hit me with her purse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 565
You deserved it 2 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes I feel that even if you can do something good, but there is a chance you will get in trouble, DON'T DO IT.

Comments

karcummings 19

Maybe try and calmly explaining what happened and she might believe you.

Goblin182 26

Its like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Grief inspires strong reactions often without critical thought being applied. Consider what she's been through and give her a pass

that really hurts if she smack you hard enough with her purse and if she did it on purpose.

Can you blame her, she just lost her daughter?

This wouldn't be funny if it wasn't the girl's mom

That sucks:/ sorry OP hopefully you tried explaining yourself and she understood

you were only trying to do something good so even if bad came out of it, I'd say it's the thought that counts.

Axel5238 29

I get what OP was trying to do, but why not just leave the new bear and not replace it? It's a sweet thought, but still to the casual observer it looks odd to see someone removing something from a memorial.

New bear? Remove? I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I assumed there was a bear that had fallen down and OP stood it back up. I don't think they removed anything or there were multiple bears involved..

Axel5238 29

Ah, my mistake. When OP said replace I assumed they were trying to swap an old worn out one with a new one. I misread the fml. My bad.

Ahhh, okay. No problem, just thought I'd clarify. :)

I thought the exact same thing as 30. I thought op was trying to take the old bear to replace a new bear.