By ouch - 07/04/2015 01:51 - United States - Union City

Today, I stopped to replace a stuffed bear that had fallen from a small memorial for a girl killed nearby. Her mom happened to walk by and thought I was stealing it. She hit me with her purse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 565
You deserved it 2 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes I feel that even if you can do something good, but there is a chance you will get in trouble, DON'T DO IT.

Comments

Maybe the owner didn't want the bear replaced? After all, it could have a memento, and those are irreplaceable. For all we know, the bear could have been the child's play toy before death.

I'm pretty sure OP meant replaced as in 'putting it back where it originally was after it fell' rather than an actual new bear.

I hope she feels like a real jackass now.

She's grieving the loss of her daughter. Why would you want her to feel even worse?

Why on earth would you take it upon yourself to mess with someone's memorial? The original teddy bear most likely belonged to the girl who died and had sentimental value to those mourning her. You had no right to try to replace it with some storebought toy that wouldn't hold as much meaning to them.

Read the FML again. The teddy bear had fallen from its place and the OP was just trying to put it back.

People...calm down, those of you thinking he swapped it out. Sometimes it is phrased "replaced" when you are putting something back in its ORIGINAL spot. This, which is most likely the case, means OP said they put it back on its spot in the memorial after it fell to the ground: he just picked it up.

Jwaye2 7

Read it properly before you go off on a rant. The girls bear had fallen and OP was putting it back on the memorial.

Leaving things like teddy bears is the dumbest idea for this very reason. You KNOW someone will steal it sooner or later. Just leave flowers and be done with it. Eff your ell, indeed.

Because flowers will NEVER get stolen...

nialls_girl 13

Soo many people are over reactive. She should have at least asked you what you were doing before hitting you.. I'd report her.

You'd report a grieving mother for reacting when she thought someone was trying to steal from her daughter's memorial? Losing a child is bound to put you on edge. Have a little sympathy.

Unfortunately for you, timing is everything. She was probably over acting. Hope you were able to explain.

People in this world need to stop being so damn quick to judge!

sometimes not all good deeds reciprocate back to you. it may be reciprocate back to your children, your family and loved ones. don't be disheartened, the world needs people like you to make it better