By Anonymous - 23/06/2014 22:59 - United States - Imperial

Today, I started a new internship. I couldn't do anything until I was trained, and I couldn't be trained until I had a login. I stared at a wall for three hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 488
You deserved it 4 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet you can tell me every single design and flaw about that wall :) Wall Expert OP!

I would have smashed that wall after 30 minutes

Comments

welcome to first day at office awkwardness...

it took me 3 months to get my computer and login when i started, before i got them i shadowed everyone in the department for at least 3 days, the day they handed me the computer i was off and running like a 3 year veteran. shadow people, listen to conversations, read over shoulders. learn by effort, not by what they hand you.

This is exactly what I was going to say! Why didn't OP ask to at least watch someone else, and have them show them how the job is performed to get a head start? The problem with interns these days...without being specificcally told to do something, they just sit there waiting for instruction.

Find anything interesting? Count the paint chips or identify the color...better than counting ceiling tile dots...but still that's for better posture so it does have a remedy

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

Don't feel bad OP.. When I started my current job, I stared at the wall for 4 days until they set me up.

Three hours? I once started a job where oit took 3 weeks to get log in credentials. Welcome to the real world.

This happens a lot to us too, particularly since the IT guy is an external contractor and only comes in twice a week.

Only three? I spent my whole first day of work that way.

Thatguy334 7

Had it occurred to you to mention this to someone?

RedPillSucks 31

So you didn't think to ask your manager to intervene?

Must have been a pretty interesting wall.