By Anonymous - 24/03/2013 10:30 - Australia - Brisbane

Spicy
Today, I spent three hours painstakingly installing and configuring some parental control software on my 11-year-old son's laptop after I caught him watching porn. Barely an hour after returning the laptop, I caught him watching yet more porn on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 325
You deserved it 14 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ArielTheMermaid 17

Is it really necessary for an 11 year old to have his own personal laptop? And OP, unless he bought it himself, you have rights to take it away

TorisaurusRexxx 10

#1, there are many things that could be done to stop him. Snap his computer in half. Turn off the Internet router. Stab him, light him on fire, and dump his body behind McDonalds. Or simply just take the computer away.

Comments

that's what happens when you give an 11 year old kid his own laptop...

What 11 year old needs a laptop? Plus, he should be supervised at all times on the computer. Chalk this one up to BAD PARENTING!!!

Yes because it's not like parents can watch there kids 24/7 and it's not like kids are now needing computers and laptops at a much younger age now because that's just the way the world is heading now and it's also not like he is a young boy coming into puberty. The dad tried to set up some parental locks to stop his son that hasn't worked so now he will of course do something else. It isn't bad parenting it's natural parenting.

I bought my laptop when i was 14. But **** is perfectly normal, but if you are worried they do make parental controls kids can't get around.

Simple solution set up the laptop in a family room so you can see what your son is doing. Only allow him on it during the week to do school stuff and then on weekends allow your son on it for Facebook and games but if he is at any point caught watching **** then he loses all weekend privliges and gets grounded. Also maybe get a professional to set up the parental locks and show you how to do it rather than do it yourself just to make sure.

Spottedfeather 7

Why does an 11 year old have a computer ? There's no reason.

#107 I agree. No reason for them to do their assignments or give them in. It's not like they need to take the tests that are possibly made as a quiz on school's moodle or something. And no reason for them to make presentations for school. They can use bigger format of paper and draw/write everything on. Surely they have a library nearby that is open all the time and it's not like finding information on the internet is way easier and you have much more material. While we're at it, why even show them electricity till they're 18. It's not like they need the light bulbs. They can easily use a candle. Or have night vision goggles.

It's 2013 guys, an 11 year old having a laptop isn't that odd. 11 years old is about 6th grade (or whatever it's equivalent is in other countries) and I remember many essays and research projects assigned then. And these days, there is no handwriting papers. He might not necessarily need his own laptop, but if he's otherwise a good kid I don't see why not.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Why are you trying to stop him from watching ****...? He's probably hitting puberty; it's natural. YDI, prude noob.

MaydayParadexx 18

How about instead of parental locks, you sit down and talk to him about it?

Can't you just take the laptop away? And why did you buy him a laptop? He's too young to have a laptop.

I didn't have my first phone until I was at least 13, let alone a laptop. Wow. He's lucky, and why not take it away from him if it's actually a problem for you? Like, honestly?