By Anonymous - 24/03/2013 10:30 - Australia - Brisbane

Spicy
Today, I spent three hours painstakingly installing and configuring some parental control software on my 11-year-old son's laptop after I caught him watching porn. Barely an hour after returning the laptop, I caught him watching yet more porn on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 325
You deserved it 14 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ArielTheMermaid 17

Is it really necessary for an 11 year old to have his own personal laptop? And OP, unless he bought it himself, you have rights to take it away

TorisaurusRexxx 10

#1, there are many things that could be done to stop him. Snap his computer in half. Turn off the Internet router. Stab him, light him on fire, and dump his body behind McDonalds. Or simply just take the computer away.

Comments

What do you expect when you have to ask him for help installing the software. He will probably just torrent a crack if you fix it. Beat the child. That's not what I meant!

Am I the only one who feels that an 11-year old child shouldn't have a laptop anyway? Whatever happened to going outside and playing with friends?

My cousin who turned 7 just yesterday got a laptop from his dad about a month ago. He's already had a few phones, too. I'm not one to tell people how to raise their children, but buying them computers, cellphones and game consoles at such young age just because you can afford isn't a good idea, in my opinion. Those kids usually end up thinking they'll get anything they want in the future, and we all know it doesn't work this way.

#212 How is giving children technology and teaching them how to use it a bad thing? What, you'd rather walk around and search for your kid a few hours before you find him/her instead of using the simple way of calling them on their phone and knowing where they are? And he/she can call if anything happens. And how is giving them technology any different from giving them some other form of entertainment (board games, football,...)? Technology is convenient and they should have it and should use it. Just because most adults use it for social media and **** that doesn't mean that is it's only purpose.

TDWPForDayz 9

Really? 11? Jesus Christ, I hope I don't walk in on my 11 year old sister doing the same.

fischerxx 10

Get an account with "Open DNS" by far the best service I have come across working in network security. Boys will be boys. But at the same time, rules are rules and you are the parent.

aliciaanomalyyxo 12

Who cares?! Let him watch it if he wants

This makes me think of myself at that age nd my friend showing me the old hustlers in his dads closet xD...the kid is gonna spank it whether he has a laptop or not

pipc 10

Holy shit, he's 11. He does not need his own computer.