By Poem - 19/12/2009 04:29 - United States

Today, I spent hours delicately writing out what seemed to be a beautiful poem to my girlfriend. After I sent it to her, I kept eyeing my phone to see her surprised message. No, my only response was "you may want to use a spellcheck." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 044
You deserved it 26 269

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seriously, you sent a poem with misspellings? That's like an insult. "Here, I wrote you a poem, but I didn't care enough to bother proof-reading."

rosemary_fml 5

it's okay! don't give up hope but your gf does seem quite ungrateful. consider being with someone who appreciates you.

Comments

i would have appreciated the sentiment as long as your spelling wasn't so bad that she couldn't understand the sentiment...

mugglewump 0

Oh the way she inspires me, To write bad poetry.

Seriously, you sent a poem with misspellings? That's like an insult. "Here, I wrote you a poem, but I didn't care enough to bother proof-reading."

This. I'd reply the same way the girlfriend did if someone wrote me a poem that was filled with misspellings. If you really spent hours writing it, was it so hard to make sure everything was spelled correctly before considering it finished?

Delicate? It's thoughtful of you to write your girlfriend poetry, but I'm laughing at the thought of someone 'delicately' typing out poetry on a cellphone. Maybe you're a little too descriptive and melodramatic for your girlfriend? Find someone who gets you. I hear there are a lot of girls looking for their very own Edward, maybe one of them?

schwinn11 0

Now yore girlfrend nnot onlie thenks yore gaye, butt she allso thenks yore dum! Hahahahahahahaha, yoo cannt spel!

You spelled now and she correctly. Disappointing. B- .

I think maybe it's a troll or someone trying to make a funny, because the nature of the comment seems this way.

hey capilot, ever heard of e.e.Cummings? he wrote poetry with no capital letters or punctuation. proper spelling is not necessary to get a beautiful thought across.

I have a friend who does not know how to punctuate/spell for his life, and people think he's 5 online, when he's 21. But of course he has autism... I really don't think you have an excuse OP, considering this FML was decently written. If you cared about your GF's opinion, you would have written it with your best spelling.

Why would you do that anyway? Guy poetry gets scratched into shithouse walls with their fixed blade buck knife and goes like this; Those that write on shithouse walls Rolls their shit in little balls Those that read these lines of wit Eat those little balls of shit. So unless you are an amazing poet, knock it off or someone be along to shred your man card. You want to do something to get yourself laid, fix a car or build a bridge to earn some money to buy her flowers and a teddy bear. If you feel the need to take it to the poetry level clean something for her.... But use some power tools when you do it. If you ever do write bad poetry again suck it up, and don't whine about on a message board. The dewussification of America continues.

arabianballa 0

I'd love to get poems from my significant other. Even if they seem lame or the spelling sucks, atleast it's the thought that counts. Plus if this one was on his phone and it took him hours to write, then I bet he was too tired to go back and check what he wrote.

Tromboneguy29 0

Dump her. She's ungrateful and bitchy