By simpleasjam - 19/09/2016 14:27 - United Kingdom - Worcester Park

Today, I screamed at a taxi driver to not run over a hedgehog. He got a fright and ended up pulling over. I hopped out and ran to the middle of the road to pick up the hedgehog and leave him on the grass by the path. As I got closer and went to pick up said hedgehog, I realised it was a pinecone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 176
You deserved it 6 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're an idiot. I'm sorry, but easily could have caused a wreck.

Gotta play it off by picking it up anyway and gingerly setting it in the grass

Comments

You're an idiot. I'm sorry, but easily could have caused a wreck.

hellobobismyname 24

16 - Doesn't matter. You never just scream at a driver. Even if there are no other cars, they could panic and veer off the road and either hit something or go into a ditch, etc. You can easily communicate to the driver in a calm, but urgent tone if you need to.

It was a quiet road and I didn't scream in his ear in a distracting, crash causing manor.. more of a shriek

Doesn't matter, ever hear of single car wrecks? What may be a shriek to you could have startled him enough to run off the road. Stop trying to defend your irresponsible behavior.

tantanpanda 26

#23, I hate people like you who shriek in the car. Do you know how it feels for someone to shriek in the car? The driver thinks something major is wrong and you then cause them to panic. I don't drive one of my friends around anymore because she shrieked at stupid shit. If you want to throw yours and the driver's life away for some animal on the street (like that movie Beetlejuice) then be my guest.

Not defending my "irresponsible" behaviour, just didn't appreciate you calling me an idiot. I did apologise to the driver and noted my carelessness for shrieking. Suppose you're perfect and have never made any mistakes? Well done, you deserve a medal.

"Today, I told the internet that I did something really really stupid. They said I was stupid. I got really offended. How dare they think I was stupid?"

There's no need for insults people. Y'all need to chill.

I'm sorry but the life of a hedgehog is not worth more than the lives of others.

is it not worth the same as the lives of others?

I disagree. I think most hedgehogs' lives are worth about the same.

Your life doesn't mean anything to me, but I still wouldn't want to hit you.

#15 He didn't say it's worth less, he said it isn't worth more. Better to hit the hedgehog than kill 2 people.

well duh, you said 2 people vs 1 hedgehog. It's funny how a human says humans are the most important species on the planet.

Gotta play it off by picking it up anyway and gingerly setting it in the grass

You must have really been pining for that hedgehog to almost cause a crash and pull over. Furthermore, it made the driver leave his cone of comfort. What were you thinking?

You should have wrapped the pinecone in your coat and ordered the taxi driver to rush the hedgehog in shock to an emergency animal hospital. You'd save face and probably get a free cab ride.

Maybe OP remembered that FML about the mom hitting the dog and panicked. Also hedgehogs are better and cuter than humans.

the pinecone is going extinct. you're a hero

can somebody inbox me? my profile isn't acting right and FML support is responsive. I need help. please and thanks in advance