By kayak probs - 30/07/2013 14:13 - United States - Newtown

Today, I finished the kayak I have been working on for four years. I can't get it out of my basement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 388
You deserved it 25 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anyone else thinking of NCIS while reading this? OP should try and disassemble the kayak into parts that can make it out the door then reassemble it, no? (I have no idea whether that would actually work with kayaks though...) Either way, good luck, OP!

Comments

godisnowhere41 5

Gibbs made it work so I'm sure you can figure something out

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Gibbs immediately.

jedorr07 5

Gibbs is a television character, you can't be exactly like him OP

Make a large door and take it through :-/

\ 28

I know of a guy who smashed a hole in his house to remove his replica Lamborghini Countach he spent 17 years building... That might work!

I would just break it down and re asemble it in the garage or something maybe into 3-4 pieces depends how big it is

Wouldn't breaking the kayak down into 3-4 pieces put stress on the ability for it to float and resist water? Im not saying that you would never be able to make it float ever again but i do think that cutting it up would definitely ruin some of its long term durability.

sunflowerchild 10

If Spongebob can make fire underwater you can get your kayak out of the basement. Use your imaginaaaaaation.

Reminds me of the guy that built a Countach replica in his basement.. Took him 15 years, he had to cut a hole in the floor and use a crane to get it out.. And after all that trouble he sold it!

one guy built car in his basement and then made a garage door for it lol

FalconWhitaker 20

I was just coming here to make sure somebody had made a reference to Gibbs. You made my day so far :D

I guess kayaking is just the base of all your problems.

row row row your boat, roughly out the house. struggling struggling struggling struggling, like a dying mouse.

friedpwnadge 25

1. Flood your basement and offer an indoor kayak touring service. 2. ??? 3. Profit.

77: You should have broken step 1 into two steps rather than have a bunch of question marks

124: you have obviously never watched south park. Google "underwear gnomes"

SerenaSerenadex3 13

The solution is simple: just fill your basement with water and row it out to freedom! Sorry OP I tried, that rows- I mean blows!

Pwn17 25

Because filling the basement with water magically makes it fit through the door.

SerenaSerenadex3 13

I was trying to add some levity to the sucky situation, sorry to offend you with my sarcasm and stupidity

Pwn17 25

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CallMeMcFeelii 13

Maybe I'm the dumb one..I thought that plan was flawless. And to make sure he could row it out after he floods his basement, he can use sticks of butter to lube up the doorway! It works in cartoons, so obviously it has to work in this situation.

jstorie95 8

I bet its a tight corner. Even a sea kayak could fit through a standard door.

Maybe he just never had a door to begin with and has been living in his sealed basement.

Break the door area and then spend 5 years rebuilding it.

Anyone else thinking of NCIS while reading this? OP should try and disassemble the kayak into parts that can make it out the door then reassemble it, no? (I have no idea whether that would actually work with kayaks though...) Either way, good luck, OP!

Giiiiiibbs! OP could knock out one of the walls and ramp it outside.

Forget about the kayak Gibbs. Just drink all the scotch and you'll certainly plot a course right out of the basement!

Yep, first thing that came to mind. Looks like it's time to give yourself a slap on the back of the head OP.

I did! My first thought was 'YOU SHOULD ASK GIBBS'.

Yep, Gibbs was the first thing that came to mind reading this... Also, I'm at work and someone just asked for scissors... I pulled out my knife. He looked at me funny as I flipped it open for him, so I said "Rule Number Nine".... I don't think he watches the show, he was even more confused after that.

summerguy97 16

This isn't NCIS. You are not Gibbs. You can't take a fully built boat out of a basement.

I'm guessing you also didn't get a bachelor's degree in that 4 years' time, too? :P

Poetaster 10

Dont tell me... You work for rhe IRS right?

alshygirl 14

Does the IRS build kayaks now?