By mister_pinky - 15/07/2014 22:04 - United States - Portland

Today, I returned to my teaching job at a local community college after surfing for the weekend. I'd got sunburned, one student immediately noticed and said to me, "Morning, Mr. Pinky!" Now they all do it. My students are assholes. I hate teaching. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 467
You deserved it 8 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They probably mess with you because you can't take a joke. I personally love to mess with people who can't take a joke, and I'm sure others do as well

then don't teach as a career. they seem to be messing around all in good fun. you need a sense of humor to be a professor

Comments

Be smart right back, say something like "that's mr. Brain to you, you're the pinky in this equation" I dunno lol sry OP

go along with it, write it on the chalk board, they'll soon stop when you stop getting wound up over it

morpanda 9

That's not so bad.. Should've seen the middle school I went to. Even if you got payed 1,000 a week, you would quit within the first month. The kids were disruptive, distracting, interrupted class to talk about their grandpa and other relatives. (I live in the south-it's horrible.) and they never raised their hand. I was probably the only one that did so. But don't worry about me.. I'm going to one of the best high schools in the state. It has a silver metal :D. I love to brag about it.

#57 Your a loser... Should of gone for gold

kingdomgirl94 29

First of all; if a teacher can't gain control of their students, that's a sign of an incompetent teacher. Secondly, while its all well and good to be proud of yourself, your achievements are not relevant to the rest of the comment or the FML.

I've had too many teachers that hate what they do and the students end up suffering from it. Do your self and your students a favor and consider a career change. It's never too late.

Axel5238 29

Eh, I can't blame the teacher nicknames can be fun, but if you have 20+ kids doing that every day and don't let it go it's going to get grating even with those with a sense of humor. I remember our entire media class back when sinked up hamsters dance on all 20+ comps in the lab for our professor. We did it once for fun, but if it was a regular thing he'd have reason to be pissed off.

kotake 7

Maybe try looking around for other prospects? What were you looking for in a career? Money/environment/commitment/respect? Why did you want to get into community college teaching? Honestly four year institutions and such look down on community college, so perhaps try to get different experiences under your belt to make you a more attractive candidate? If you don't have your doctorate yet go get it, if you do then check in on any contacts you had and see if they know of any opportunities outside teaching.

Just tell them that the next person to call you that will fail the course.