By JustAGiftCardPlease - 16/06/2009 04:39 - United States

Today, I received the box my parents sent me for my birthday. Contents were a travel first-aid kit, and a remote control robot toy, with an age recommendation on the box of 8. I'm 29. They thought that since I'm an engineer I would like the toy. They also think I'll hurt myself with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 051
You deserved it 3 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take a photo (a fake one of course) of you getting maimed by the robot. Send it to your parents with "YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON ME" attached to it.

Wicked sense of humor, that's what they have ^^' #6 : good one xD

Comments

medicman 0

Sounds like your reading too much into the gift. Atleast they gave you something. Don't bitch say thank you .. Ya tool.

that's an awesome gift. I wish people gave me toy robots. Oh wait, they do and I love them. You should cash in your engineering card.

You got a remote control robot toy. You get no sympathy from me. *JEALOUS*

Dude, quit being a whiner. Age limitations on toys don't mean a thing. Once you're 12 are Nerf guns supposed to stop being AWESOME? And first aid kits? Handy as all getup. Can't tell you how many times I wished I had a spare band-aid around.

Someone clearly hasn't heard of a gag gift.

MeganH0LLYW00D 0

Parents will be parents. Yeedig. x)

LuckyGuy159 0
brrrx 0

Commenters: I don't think you understand that a) not all engineers want to take apart robots. Why would a chemical/mineral/materials/civil engineer care? To name a few. However, robots are still fun to play with. b) engineer =/= construction worker. The vast majority of engineers sit at a desk all day. Not a dangerous job i think. That being said, everyone needs a first aid kit.

AndelleRae 9

#74 I kind of think if his parents were thoughtful enough to get him a present like that knowing the OP's profession, chances are the OP is the kind of engineer that would enjoy that sort of thing. To the OP, you're kind of an ass. Your parents took time and money to pick out a gift they thought was funny and fit you, and you're bitching. Most people don't get shit for their birthday. Be thankful your parents love you, and get a sense of humor, asap.

Dude, you're never too old for toys. The only thing that makes you too old is that you think you're too old. I want a remote control robot toy, and the First Aid kit, did it come from a CVS? That was a push item from a contest not too long ago.