By JustAGiftCardPlease - 16/06/2009 04:39 - United States

Today, I received the box my parents sent me for my birthday. Contents were a travel first-aid kit, and a remote control robot toy, with an age recommendation on the box of 8. I'm 29. They thought that since I'm an engineer I would like the toy. They also think I'll hurt myself with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 051
You deserved it 3 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take a photo (a fake one of course) of you getting maimed by the robot. Send it to your parents with "YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON ME" attached to it.

Wicked sense of humor, that's what they have ^^' #6 : good one xD

Comments

wow, looks like left the kookoo's a few years too late.

Well, EVERYBOBY should have a first aid kit in the house. And maybe, just maybe, they got you the robot because they thought you had a sense of humour about yourself (about which they were obviously mistaken).

Thinkgeek sells that kind of thing - bet you wouldn't complain if it was a Thinkgeek robot.

alwaysalady 0

maybe your real gift, like, an Ipod touch or something, will be here tomorrow, and that was just a gag because the nice present was late? Maybe?

darkangel160 0

Aw c'mon...you're never too old to like toy robots! And since you're engineer, take the toy apart and see what makes it tick! That's always fun!

My birthday was last week. I didn't get any presents from my parents.

#50; made NO sense at all. "i'm not saying" and then "just saying" ?

nillawafer 0

Lol--not to be rude to the OP, but I think #57 has got it right.

I_Love_Isms 0

My fiancee is an engineer and loves little toys like that. haha. :) It's cute. But he's civil engineering and he prefers legos or erector sets to robots ;)

i swear to god that was written by the man my ex boyfriend is going to turn into in 9 years. there must be a leak in the time space continuum or something.