By JustAGiftCardPlease - 16/06/2009 04:39 - United States

Today, I received the box my parents sent me for my birthday. Contents were a travel first-aid kit, and a remote control robot toy, with an age recommendation on the box of 8. I'm 29. They thought that since I'm an engineer I would like the toy. They also think I'll hurt myself with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 051
You deserved it 3 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take a photo (a fake one of course) of you getting maimed by the robot. Send it to your parents with "YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON ME" attached to it.

Wicked sense of humor, that's what they have ^^' #6 : good one xD

Comments

spiderman0606 0

Um, the **** made it up. It's already a famous line.

Its not that bad... i wouldnt mind in that situation...

I'm guessing it's a joke.. And you obviously didn't get it since you yknow came and posted this

insert_name 0

well from the engineers i know...that first aid kit may actually come in handy

you would rather they got you a gift card with no meaning and no thought going into it rather than an attempt of getting you something cute AND something thoughtful don't be so inconsiderate.

apparently i'm the only one who has noticed, but you're 29. your parents should not still be buying you birthday gifts when you're an adult with a career. especially as you don't still live with them. you're lucky they got you anything -- they could've just sent a card or called and wished you a happy birthday. besides, honestly, what are they going to get you that you (with your job) couldn't get yourself?

I would love to get that present. BTW. Why are you complaining about receiving a gift?

AWWWWWWH that is SO CUTE! i like your parents. :] gifts are gifts, it's the thoughts that counts. you should know that when you're 29.

ill take that toy if you don't want it...