By flaps - 19/08/2009 21:02 - United States

Today, I re-dislocated my arm trying to get it out of the cast it was in because I didn't want to pay the $50 dollar fee to get it taken off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 709
You deserved it 95 437

Same thing different taste

Comments

hehe....good luck with your re-dislocated arm :D but yeah i think that you shouldn't have tried to take it off :p should have gotten a friend to use a hammer and break that plaster off ;) thats what they r for anyway :D

Friend + hammer = have fun with your arm, it's not dislocated anymore, it's now broken! Use something more civilized. D:

Zakky_Ketchup 0
lalaimbored 0

cheap and dumb. YDI what a dumbass but a funny dumbass

zach5 0

Dude you're really stupid. Apparently that $50 was so you wouldn't re-dislocate your arm.

If you're going to pull crap like that, you're supposed to get a buddy you trust and a nice pair of garden scissors or another thing that cuts really hard stuff. Doing it alone is just plain dumb. (Either way, it's not the smartest move ever.)

A big LOL at the American healthcare system. $50 to get a cast off.

Did you try to take it off infront of the doctor after he told you the price? Because if you did and I was the doctor I would have been laughing my ass off at you.

YDI for living in a capitalist nation, if it were communist, we would all be living in a better place where you don't have to worry about being in debt or losing your house. where capitalist pigs dont exist to get profit and put down the rich and make life horrible not only for the poor but also the rich. You literally pay $50 to have the freedoms you have but don't necessirily need, like the great Winston Churchill said..."Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried. " This nation has to have a revolution for the better good, at this rate it's bound to fail, look at china, their form of government of limited freedom, limited democracy, and limited communism, has lead to GREAT developments in just 20 years. The USA is bound to go down, because of democracy and capitalism, the system must be reworked, to get rid of capitalism and corporations profiting from corrupted bussiness, scams and overpricing to a system where no profiting exists, where everyone is equal not only the workplace but anywhere regardless of skin color, class, or monetary funds. As for democracy, the freedom of speech and bear arms, not only lead to riots , lead to violence, racial crimes, scams (such as infomercials on TV and US fidelis car warranty, Sauna twin, Alli, proactive, etc) these same freedoms are what will doom this great nation because they are crippling it day by day. By 2050, China, The UK, Japan, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, France, Russia, Canada will all be better nations to live, work and die, because of their great government systems, laws, economic ways but most importantly, way of living which isn't based on being debt for life by stupidly spending money which you do not own, such is the case in the USA, where over 70% of people are currently in debt.

dcstream 0

There's never been one functional pure communist nation in the world. Way to speak out of zero experience.

And where, may I ask, do you live? If you live in America, do the rest of us a favor and leave. Do some research, because you oviously have no idea about current events of U.S. History. If you do not live in America, shup up. Read a few books, and give an opinion when you are well informed. To all defending Univeralized health care in the U.S. try reading the bill and consider the proposed infastructure. It is not sound, and will cost BILLIONS. Also remember NO U.S. Senator, Representative, or President (past, present, or fututre) will be using said system. They have the best insurance in the world courtesy of the American taxpayers. Completely socializing American health care is just difficult to organize, and too costly right now. Instead we should offer tretment (mediacaid, or something) to anyone without insurance. It would basically achieve the same goals. OP: you really should have asked a friend to help you. I understand not paying for getting the cast off, but I do not know why you thought you could do it yourself. Also, the $50 does cost less than having our dislocated arm treated. Sorry, YDI because nobody can safely take a cast off of their own arm. Also, FYL because you just screwed yourself until it heals. I would think of something to tell everyone else, because this is NOT something you want everyone to know. You would never live it down. I hope your day gets better. :)

dcstream 0

They actually have something like that; they're called "Remote Area Medical". They're commonly found in third-world countries. I was even in a field hospital in South Africa.

Bloodrush 0

why does this ******* argument take place on FML....join a ******* political group or something instead of jerking each other off over politics on FML....queers

You forget that even though the health care may be free, for a MRI or such type of checkouts, maybe an emergency, you have to wait 6 months, 2 year tops. Want a doctors appointment? Call 6 months ahead or you're not getting checked tomorrow, aww you just broke a bone? Go home , put some ice on it and call so you can get it fixed in 2 months tops!. In the USA, you wanna go to the doctors, OK!, call at midnight and you can be there at opening time. Want an MRI? Ok! you'll get it in 3 days tops! You got bit by a poisonous snake? Ok we'll take you in inmediately, in the UK, oh noes, you got bit by a poisonous snake, you gotta wait 2 weeks, sorry :(