By alphabetman - 14/09/2009 09:56 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. Thinking I was being cute I spelled out "Marry Me" in alphabet soup, because that's her favorite. She took one look at it and started to laugh. She then began to spell out "no". She still ate the soup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 938
You deserved it 6 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you begin to spell no? By the time you've done the N you're already halfway!

Comments

Just cause someone doesn't want to marry you doesn't mean they don't love you, I have no intention of ever getting married myself. Of course it doesn't rule out that they might not, but why look for the bad things in everything.

so u dont plan on getting married yet u post on a fml about marriage...i hope ur not against fornication...

YDI, and boohoo, I would have eaten the soup too.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I actually think the idea was kinda cute.

Am I reading this right? Your sole means of proposing was soup? No planning ahead? No ring? No down-on-one-knee? When I proposed, I learned how to drive a boat for my girl, then took her to a secluded island and proposed with a poem. It took a lot of planning! And she had no idea there'd be a boat; she thought we were just gonna have a picnic at the park :-P

Hey,I was proposed to in a parked car in the mall parking lot. Granted, it was kind of an impulse thing. But it was no less heartfelt. We've been happily married 4.5 years now. If the person is right, the method of the proposal doesn't matter.

you kinda just sound like a douchebag wit the boat thing. dont be proud of tht

themixedt4pe 0

Personally I'd prefer alphabet soup to a cheesy poem trapped on an island (where the hell would I go if I wanted to refuse???). Then again, maybe that's just me.

Sorry it didn't go the way you were expecting, but this doesn't have to be the end of the world. Just because she is not ready right now, doesn't mean she doesn't love you or want to be with you right now. She just is not ready for marriage. It is better to for her to say no because she knows she is not ready than rush into it to spare your feelings and end up with a called off engagement or a divorce. Wait a year or so and talk about it.

WTF do you care that she finished the soup? It's like 39 cents. No wonder she said 'no'. BTW, no decent woman is going to accept a marriage proposal in soup, favorite or not.

I accepted a proposal sitting in a parked car, and I am very happy 7 years later (4.5 married). You =/= every woman.

I would accept a proposal like that. It's cute, thoughtful, and original. Just because there's no expensive romantic dinner, or fireworks, or any other typical "romantic" type of proposal, doesn't mean that it's stupid. Every woman is different. You apparently don't realize that though.

themixedt4pe 0

Actually, I've always thought one of the cutest proposals ever would be a 25 cent vending machine ring. If I said yes, then I can get a real one later, and if I say no, there's no expensive jewelry to return. =) In the long run it's the person, not the proposal, that really matters.

Camer0ne 0

@28 Then I don't see a decent man marrying your ass anytime soon.

YDI. Tell her it was a joke if you haven't already told her your feelings are hurt that she didn't like your soup idear.

nomis_fml 0

aww i feel really bad for you. this website will cheer you up, and hey you can put her on here too. http://all-the-exgirlfriends.info/?uid=2473

I'm sorry, but this story sounds like it was made by a kid. Like if you're in High School and write that message to your girlfriend, it's a good thing that she didn't take it seriously. That's something you do not seriously, plus the story just sounds like the persons involved are under 18 in which case, I seriously doubt the seriousness of the proposal. However if you are of age, I'm sorry she said no, but I don't know what girl would say yes to a soup proposal sans an actual ring.