By gutted - 07/05/2012 02:13 - United Kingdom

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. She promptly had a panic attack and screamed, "No!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 930
You deserved it 2 874

Same thing different taste

Top comments

omfg_creepers 8

Hopefully this was not a large sporting event or one of those big public proposals where it ends up allover the Internet the next day and you drink yourself into a coma.

have a panic attack and scream you were joking !

Comments

I will never understand anyone who dates someone they can't imagine marrying. What's the point ? Seriously?

Some people don't want to get married (hello!) does that mean I shouldn't date? My relationship is five years going and plenty strong. Why people think a piece of paper is so important to a relationship is beyond me.

geod69 8

Best thing ever to happen to you

Let me guess: you either know OP (highly unlikely), or you're one of 'those' guys who are against marriage.

There are many explanations for that such as these: 1) It was a response to the panic attack and not the proposal. 2) She isn't ready to get married. 3) She doesn't want to get married ever either for personal reasons or simply a dislike of the process. 4) She was nervous and said no when she actually wanted to say yes. The solution is simple: ask her about why she said no. It might not be for any reasons already mentioned in the comments, it might be because she is afraid that the large quantity of people that might be invited would trigger a panic attack. Or it might be a general fear of having a panic attack during the wedding.

There are many explanations to every story, but like always there are some If not nearly all idiots that make one assumption or conclusion to the story never thinking "oh no there can't be more then the assumption I made lets post it" Though I must admit it amuses me no matter how many times I read it.

WitchyArmyWife00 0

Maybe she fears what your facebook status will be if she says I do

daisiebud 18

As someone with anxiety disorders, it's very possible that she wanted to say yes, but was just too nervous. Like others are saying, it might have been just an initial reaction out of fear, but once she calms down she might change her mind. Either way, though, as a hopeless romantic this is one of the saddest things I've ever heard :(

Taz23_fml 6

That's just flat out rude

fromthesuck 8

Yes it's rude to turn down a proposal to a life long commitment rather than say yes so as to simply "not be rude". Is there a way to emote rolled eye? That is what it's called right?

RedPillSucks 31

Sometimes NO, means NO (or Hell NO). This should not have been a shock to her, so either 1. You didn't have a conversation with her first (or disregarded her feelings on the matter) 2. You did this in a public place (restaurant, stadium, etc) 3. She's really not that into you, Bro.

#83 Read the entire post. I cannot believe how many small details are disregarded or simply not mentioned in the comments. It's quite likely she had a panic attack, which means she probably does have feelings for him. You could be right however and he simply thought she was having a panic attack? I personally think you should read the post more carefully though.

Maybe you should finish the sex change before preposing, Op. *troll face*