By Anonymous - 26/04/2013 09:17

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in public. She happily said yes, and the surrounding crowd cheered for us. About 10 minutes later, after the excitement died down, she leaned over and quietly said, "Actually, I don't want to marry you. I only said yes so I wouldn't disappoint the crowd." FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 467
You deserved it 12 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel for you OP, but at least she had the courtesy to not humiliate you in front of dozens of people.

Wizardo 33

Seems like she's busy pleasing everyone else but you, that's brutal man.

Comments

Never, ever propose in public! This is what happens! Don't you use YouTube?

Knightchaser27 25
myandmylife 14

I feel very sorry for you, but personally I thought it was nice of her not to turn you down infront of a group of people, and at least she immediately explained afterwards. It probably feels like shit right now, but from an outside opinion I think she was trying to be kind to you and turn you down gently.

vencku 13

I agree she was being considerate. If she turned him down, OP would have posted that "Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in public. She said no." At least she didn't embarrass him in public, even though letting him fly high before rejecting him was hard. No matter what she did, she couldn't win.

I'd rather have a deny straight up rather than a lie.. I don't know whats wrong with people nowadays.

c4rpi0 20

You kinda did put her in a difficult position in front of everybody

ninjacow123 6

You should've yelled at her and said "you stupid heartless bitch" made a huge scene of it then just left

InfiniteSecret 20

You sound like a pathetic kid who is throwing a tantrum ????

If she's trying to "turn him down gently", why does she apparently care most about what the crowd of strangers were thinking?

YDI — those public proposals are not only tacky but inconsiderate.

What a bitch. OP, you deserve someone better that wouldn't just say yes because of a crowd