By Anonymous - 26/04/2013 09:17

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in public. She happily said yes, and the surrounding crowd cheered for us. About 10 minutes later, after the excitement died down, she leaned over and quietly said, "Actually, I don't want to marry you. I only said yes so I wouldn't disappoint the crowd." FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 467
You deserved it 12 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel for you OP, but at least she had the courtesy to not humiliate you in front of dozens of people.

Wizardo 33

Seems like she's busy pleasing everyone else but you, that's brutal man.

Comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

That's why it isn't good to propose in public. At least she told you sooner than later.

I've always said this HAS to happen with some public proposals. I didn't want to be right. Sorry, guy, that sucks.

I feel like you aalmost did it in public to pressure her to say yes. You must have had doubts.

You should of had a talk about it before going for it...

She is a people pleaser,but atleast you did not look stupid in front of those people. You should let her go & move on since she said no .

that was nice. u can't expect someone to say no with that pressure

Several and my friends and I agreed after discussion one day that even if we did want to marry someone, a public proposal might well be enough to change it to a no. There's already a lot of pressure to say yes when someone proposes, doing it in public makes it even worse, it's a complete dick move.

Honestly, I said YDI because they always say never do a public proposal. That puts a lot of pressure on the woman to say yes, if you did it somewhere privately, you could have avoided the false hope and talked about why, if it wasn't in public.

xKeroseneHearts 9

Sorry, I didn't mean to click YDI. You didn't deserve that, man. ;A;