By Anonymous - 26/04/2013 09:17

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in public. She happily said yes, and the surrounding crowd cheered for us. About 10 minutes later, after the excitement died down, she leaned over and quietly said, "Actually, I don't want to marry you. I only said yes so I wouldn't disappoint the crowd." FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 467
You deserved it 12 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel for you OP, but at least she had the courtesy to not humiliate you in front of dozens of people.

Wizardo 33

Seems like she's busy pleasing everyone else but you, that's brutal man.

Comments

Megan639 16

That was really nice of her. Think about it, in a situation where you have a public proposal and the girl isn't interested, that's the best way it could of gone.

Shorty777 4

The embarrassment of her saying no in front of other people would have been worse. Guys need to stop proposing in public.

carminecris89 13

Honestly, proposing in front of everyone and putting her on the spot is manipulative. What she did wasn't anymore wrong then what you did.

dr_snow_bear 29

Ok one else watched Are You Being Served. I'll go into the shame corner now.....

Tell her she won the best actress award, hand her the bill and Wally away into the sunset... Lol

FYL because your hopes got shattered. That's not something that anyone would take well. But at the same time, YDI for putting her on the spot like that. If you want to propose, do it privately, not in front of a crowd. At the very least, get an idea of how one would feel about marriage before you think of proposing in a public setting.

If a girl is ready to be proposed to and wants it to be public, she will drop enough of hints so you know that it is what she wants. Otherwise, it is beyond cruel to stick someone on the spot that way.

nishantvas 13

not saying that you deserved it, but I kinda saw that coming !!

Discuss it first, discuss it with parents, maybe a thew days after that, buy the ring then purpose...