By Sad Chef ;( - 05/12/2014 03:33 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. Being a chef of a highly-rated restaurant, I cooked a well-liked dish. Not only did she say no, but commented on how bland and tasteless the meal was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 944
You deserved it 3 358

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BBlah 26

She's a straight up bitch, I know it sucks right now but be glad you're not spending the rest of your life with her

Some people are just that hard to please. Don't worry OP, you'll find someone better

Comments

giantsfan2010 23

She sounds very unappreciative! I'm sorry OP

YDI because you are chef with no spice in the kitchen or the bedroom

And you deserved to be downvoted for making a dumb excuse of why he deserves it. Op doesn't deserve that.

CurlyQute 17

She sounds like a bitch to me..

cmchappy 25
Tsukiyomi 16

Not gonna lie. Next time make a meal that's so good it'll make her asphyxiate Best wishes OP

PresidentNorth 16

sounds to me like you added a secret ingredient.

Sorry, OP, but as the recent recipient of an unwanted proposal, I say this has YDI written all over it. You probably didn't talk or even hint to her in advance about your feelings on marriage, which would have saved you the trouble when she told you she wasn't into it. As for the comments on the food, you put her in a tough and embarrassing spot, and people say hurtful things when you humiliate them. You really could have avoided this.

I'm probably going to get down voted, but I always wonder if the people that propose and get rejected have talked openly and seriously about marriage with their significant other. I feel that some very serious conversations about marriage should be had before someone just out of the blue proposes. If Op had not talked seriously about marriage with his girlfriend than this is sort of a YDI in my opinion. How else are you to know if your girlfriend even wants to get married or if she's ready to make that commitment with you? Either way, the comment about the food was completely rude and unnecessary and op definitely didn't deserve that. Best of luck op, you'll find the right person, and when you do I think you should have long conversations about getting married beforehand just to be sure.

PresidentNorth 16

I'm not sure to be cool with this just because of your username.

Screw eHarmony. For dates that lead straight to proposals go with FML.

I'm sorry OP, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions(on the "no to the proposal front") though I can agree that was totally the wrong time to comment on the food... I'm sorry OP, but you will find someone who loves you AND your cooking one day!

Whoa! A sensible comment on FML?! The legends are true.