By reb2632 - 29/05/2009 20:13 - United States

Today, I picked up my 4-year-old daughter from day care. As we're driving home, a butterfly lands on the windshield. Just as my daughter comments on how pretty the butterfly is, I turned a corner and accidentally hit the windshield wipers and smeared the pretty butterfly across the windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 069
You deserved it 12 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can just hear a little girl go "Look how pretty the butterfly i--WHATDIDYOUDOOOOO???" FbothyourL because now your daughter probably thinks your a monster.

Lol...I'm still laughing..oh god this is great

Comments

#5 - you obviously don't have a kid or else you'd understand

hahahahah i can picture that. thats hilarious lmfao

snavula 0

#5 and # 21 appear to be the only ones that think this isn't an fml. This is the epitome of FML and I think its great! Obviously, little kids love butterflies and at those young ages they don't understand the concept of an accident nor death really and so this can be contrived as a horrible act to a child. Really isn't that hard to figure out.

How does a butterfly land on a moving car?

I agree with #66. It would've splattered on impact if the car was in motion. And who the heck accidentally hits their windshield wipers? I call bullshit.

OMFG I CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AnotherStranger2 0

... ._.; Ooooh.... beauty is a fragile thing... I hope she isn't too hurt by it. :( Poor butterfly... poor kid. Well, you can explain death to her... and that the last thing ever thought about the butterfly was how pretty it was, so it lived a good life. So she can make sure the last thing anyone thinks about her is something good? ...Still, fyl... and fHerlife, and fTheButterfly'slife. HOW IS THIS FUNNY?! To little kids, this is considered execution-worthy! Sad.

#68 - Looks like this happened while they were still in the driveway of the day care, so they haven't picked up enough speed to pulverize it on contact. And it said she hit the wiper instead of the turn signal. It happens, especially if you are distracted. I don't think young kids are bothered by death unless it is someone they are close too. The butterfly is just gone. I think they would be more bothered that the windshield isn't clean anymore.