By cheerbabeXoXo - 29/06/2013 21:49 - United Kingdom - High Wycombe

Today, I overheard my dad telling my mum that the only way I'm ever going to get into a relationship is if I "pose as a woman and con some gullible bastard online." He's probably right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 605
You deserved it 4 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your asshole of a dad got married. Why can't you?

xelle_garfieldx 12

Comments

xelle_garfieldx 12

Try getting some confidence and they'll go out with you.

bethers_ 22

Ops clever username is a good start ;)

Yes Op listen to Xelle confidence is key even if you're not the best looking in the room girls know when a guy is confident and they are attracted to that, true it's not the only thing but it does play a huge part in attracting a woman.

MerrikBarbarian 9

This! Confidence is key in attracting someone! Looks are only top priority if you are looking for a one night stand. Personality is what matters in a relationship. Heck personality is the reason I'm someone who identifies as lesbian who is dating a man. I can tell you physical attraction was zero at first because totally wrong gender... But he was so sweet, kind and funny I was able to overcome that. We've been together 4 years.

I fail to see why that's not a good option...

Sulkiva 2

You'd be right, you do fail.

DyslexicPanda 12

All of the people that didn't catch 3's sarcasm just thumbed up 12's comment instead. "Ooohhh that WAS sarcasm!" -_-

freesitter 14

Pretty sure they were joking..

Your asshole of a dad got married. Why can't you?

I agree. Unfortunately we live in a very shallow society where people openly admit they wouldn't date someone based on one 'negative' (according to society and media) detail of their appearance. OP probably has this. If this is the case or if not, you'll find someone OP!

I don't know if their parents feel that way I am willing to bet it's more than just one quality. Maybe op spends all their time online and rarely gets out?

MzZombicidal 36

#34, that doesn't matter. There's someone out there for everyone and OP's dad bashing his hopes won't help with his confidence to go out anymore than he already does (or doesn't).

@34 op is already feeling down as is. Why would you comment something pushing op even further down? Maybe you could try being more sympathetic or nice to people that are upset about something

Why is everyone babying OP? His dad is probably just frustrated that his son is just always on the computer and never goes out or something, and is just venting, trying to say something that'll motivate OP into changing his ways. OP needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and posting shit on here, man up and go find someone. They're not just going to fall into your lap.

MzZombicidal 36

While I see your point, #61, the fact that OP said "he's probably right" leads me to believe that he's been trying to no avail. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just assumed he had been trying. If, in fact, he hasn't, then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If that be the case then his dad needs to grow a pair of balls and just outright say he thinks his son needs to change a few personal habits instead of beating around the bush and being a jack ass to boot (ironically though a friend and I were just talking about how it seems that nerdy guys have bigger dicks. we've concluded this is gods way of leveling the playing field)

Couldnt have said it any better than #61

jw90 18

Have more faith in yourself than thar

xAkonz 10

Does anyone else notice OP's username?

graceinsheepwear 33

I can't figure out if OP is male or female...is a cheerbabe or wants one...?? what am I missing here?

CharresBarkrey 15

23 - It says OP is a male on my app. The cheerbabe user name is a crack at his dad's suggestion.

graceinsheepwear 33

Thanks 24. I never noticed the symbols until you said that and I thought wait, my app doesn't say that-ooh, wait a minute, yes it does.

CharresBarkrey 15

No worries! I was confused at first too

venus89 17

You'll find someone. They are wondering where you are too

you need to be confident and happy with yourself first.. and someone will sweep you off your feet(:

Ignore bastard parents. Some people, sadly, should have never been allowed to have children. Your parents sound like they fit into that category. Be proud of who u r!

They're not really 'unfit' to parent, they're just rude and inconsiderate of OP's feelings.

so op should have been born in paradox universe where his parents arn't assholes? that's the only way i see this working out for him where his parents from this universe don't have kids but op still survives

nnnope 26

30 - that's some Fringe shit right there

Probably how your dad started out. Why else would he suggest it?

i guess your mom was the gullible bastard that was online

Wait a sec... Did you just call ops mum a dude?

MzZombicidal 36

The word "bastard" is not limited to men.