Not good enough

By BoooMa - 31/03/2021 20:00

Today, my ex-fiancé got married. He left me at the altar last year because the thought of marriage and “taking such a big step” scared him. He’s only been with his new girlfriend for 6 months. Apparently I’m not good enough to marry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 297
You deserved it 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if it's only been 6 months he was probably dating her when he was also getting ready to be married to you and that's why he left you at the altar.

Jon Tessler 14

be glad you dodged that bullet. also don't base your future on an ex fiance, always look forward, not backwards. your future true love is out there, but unless you keep your eyes looking ahead, you won't find him. good luck.

Comments

You dodged one toxic bullet right there. You deserve better.

if it's only been 6 months he was probably dating her when he was also getting ready to be married to you and that's why he left you at the altar.

Jon Tessler 14

be glad you dodged that bullet. also don't base your future on an ex fiance, always look forward, not backwards. your future true love is out there, but unless you keep your eyes looking ahead, you won't find him. good luck.

As kind as people are trying to be here, it should my be discounted that it was probably that he was unsatisfied with your relationship or you, and having second thoughts as opposed to marriage in general. We tell ourselves and others a lot of lies, but in the end a lot of the time it really is a case of “they’re just not that into you.” It doesn’t mean anything about your value in general, as a person or partner, but that person determined “this isn’t the right person for me.” All the lies and stories, in the end it’s almost always “it’s not me it’s you.”

No he isn't good enough for you. You dodged a bullet. I bet he met her more than six months ago.

Yeah better to find out now than after you're married. The real question is what are you going to do about it? I've had an ex who was dumped by a pervious boyfriend because "because she wasn't relationship material" I later came to the same conclusion and broke up with her. I hope eventually she has some introspection, and gets things sorted, though I think it's more likely her bad habits, love for drama and games, treating everyone in her life poorly, and chronic negativity will just keep reinforcing itself. Good luck its rough out there. I hope you can take this experience and grow In the right direction.

Nhayaa2.0 17

You're not good to marry to him. He wasn't the right one. Don't denigrate yourself.

He just wasn't the one, and his bravery saved you a lifetime of feeling unloved. He did you a favor that you should not feel bitter about. He freed you to find your actual soul mate. Kudos to him for sparing you.