By Anonymous - 02/11/2011 14:43 - United States

Today, I overheard my dad telling his work buddy that he's disappointed in his kid. I assumed he meant my brother, for flunking out of school. He meant me, for quitting sports to focus on my studies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 472
You deserved it 3 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yamatelle 19

He'll regret saying that when you succeed ten years later.

Comments

Maybe he was hoping you would qualify for a scholarship. College is crazy expensive!

ikickgingers 15

Why did you get thumbed down? Meh bs. I agree, if it wasn't for sports I'd be in debt $120,000 for my B.A.

Track and field, kicky? I know so many kids that got sport scholarships. What a blessing for their parents. And don't worry, I get thumbed down quite offen. Water off el pato's back! Lol

ikickgingers 15

Ha soccer. But damn that sucks for OP right?? ;)

Yeah, you get scholarships by studying hard and showing that you are a good student!

Hahahhaha Yes! We must stay on the topic of the FML or we will be mod. And they are more vicious than Sid! Btw, I must get this off my chest while I have your attention! I ******* love your comments!!! Were you the girl with the nice ass sitting next to me in Pop Culture Clown School? I think so.....

There are academic scholarships, you know. And they aren't canceled if you suffer an injury before you attend!

If he did well enough in his studies, he can just get a scholarship on that.

FYLDeep 25

Don't feel bad. He's probably already written off his other son. I'm bet he's just as disappointed in both of you.

FYLDeep 25
IgotDatCheese 0

Wow some parents don't have the right priorities

sniperkit 10

In order to get onto those teams you have to have good grades too. FYL for getting your hopes up so high, thinking that you'd be able to get on a professional team with that attitude.

Go to Uni, get a degree, and in several years when your father comes to borrow some money, let out a slight sigh while looking down and shaking you head in a dissapointing manner, before asking: "Dad, can your dick touch your ass?" "Well yes it can son! Yes it can!" *reaches into jacket pocket as if getting wallet* "Well then, go **** yourself" *takes sun glasses out of pocket, puts them on and slowly walks away* [If his dick can not touch his ass, he has his answer anyway....win/win]

This might have been funny if I hadn't already heard this same joke hundreds of times before.

I am sorry Mr. Licker, but I didn't know everything was supposed to be about you. If you have heard this before, I do appologise once again.

RainbowHeadache 2

Yeah. You go for that #1. And when you turn out to not be good enough to make the cut don't come whining to Fml. Very few select people make it onto these teams. Much more practical to get a real job. And most times in H.S., jocks get good grades handed to them and they learn nothing. That's how it is where I live anyways.

tylersign 11

Why can't we just study AND play sports..? That's just outrageous, isn't it?

sniperkit 10

21- In middle school I chose studies over volleyball because it was too difficult to keep up with both. Just my personal experience.

Andr913 13

And people like you are why I hate sports. Have fun with your delusions of becoming a professional athlete!