By Anonymous - 02/11/2011 14:43 - United States

Today, I overheard my dad telling his work buddy that he's disappointed in his kid. I assumed he meant my brother, for flunking out of school. He meant me, for quitting sports to focus on my studies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 473
You deserved it 3 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yamatelle 19

He'll regret saying that when you succeed ten years later.

Comments

RawrNom 0

awww sweet rainbow. I hope everything goes well! and the sports obsession is weird in America. England may look like football hooligans... well some are but just ignore those, but a lot more people focus on academics. I was in netball, rounders, football and I got banned from two of those growing up. I then had to look at other stuff at school and found waaaay more people do the studying side of it. no one cares about it. studying FTW.

bitchslapped22 14

Of course you like guys with money

Then your dad is retarded... Sports are great and all, but unless you're a legend and get a scholarship it's not going to help you at all (not counting physical fitness) Good choice for you, but I suggest that your dad go screw himself for being that stupid....

Icecream93 4

Looking good can turn you into a model and you'd be in magazines posters, movies and everything ;)

Dakota598 1

Wow...thts all I have to say...

meltdown69 2

You won't be saying sports are better than studying when you end up in a hospital bed with a concussion and a herniated disk

That's if you GET into the team. Only like a hundreth of a percent of people get in...

All the more reason to keep studying hard and get out of rural MN buddy :) sux when it's our parents but sooooo rewarding to come home for holidays in your new convertible while dear old dad has a job with his name on his shirt! Hang in there! :)

I wish my dad was like that cuz that's all I'm good at