By Anonymous - 31/08/2011 17:06 - Canada

Today, I noticed a young child wandering out onto a busy street. I managed to grab his arm just as he stepped off the sidewalk and yank him away from almost certain death. My reward was his mother, who was on her cell phone the whole time, screaming at me for touching her child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 203
You deserved it 2 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LolliDolly 19

What have the world come to.. Such an idiot mother, she should be bloody grateful you saved her child!! Sorry op, you did not deserve that..

Comments

LolliDolly 19
HowAreYouToday 34

A lot of American's suck.. If you'd do that in Holland ( or anywhere else too, I guess) they would be thankful forever and might even pay you for you awesome deed

hope that lil boy will be grateful for what you did, parents these days are so paranoid, WAKE UP, NOT EVERYONE AROUND YOU IS TRYING TO HARM YOUR CHILD, **** those pedophiles creating that bloody image of molesting children, making these parents worry like hell

23: This FML happened in Canada. Next time you should make sure you know what you're talking about before you make yourself look like an ass.

@32; not to defend #24, but before you call him out at least make sure your post is directed at the right person.

Ehh, he was #23 at first but it must've changed. It happens sometimes.

I'm American and if I had a child and someone did this I would be very grateful. Don't be so rude about Americans just because there are some bad Americans, as in other places there are bad people too.

Personally i'd have yelled at the woman about how her son almost died because of her carelessness untill she burst into tears. :D

bitch you think thats bad yesterday i was stung by a ******* bee.

WallyTheWombat 0

I second 114s comment with the added action of pushing the mother into traffic too.

24, you shouldn't need a reward for doing a good deed anyway. Your reward should be feeling good about the good deed.

Should of threw the kid infront of a ca laughed and walked away...

You dumb-ass read the damn FML! It said it was posted from Canada ass-wipe!

23 hey asshole before you go discriminating the US; dislodge your head from your ass and take a look at where the op is from

The irony of this whole "ignorant American" stereotype is that by saying this about americans or anyone else is ignorant in itself. Good people and bad people exist everywhere. Please realize that. This canadian happens to be a good one.

tintata123 8

Isn't it possible he meant america as north america? In which case canada would be included as well?

ShadowlessSpear 21

What have the world come to.. Such an idiot mother, she should be bloody grateful you saved her child!! Sorry op, you did not deserve that..

jonan1212 5

SHE WANTED HER SON TO DIE. OBVIOUSLY

I LIKE TO TALK IN CAPITALS ALL THE TIME TOO.

Just be content in the knowledge that you saved the child's life.

aeshleyrose 6

... And then punch the mother in the face. No I do agree with you 100%. I'd still be pissed tho.

unixdude 9

Notice you are both women. Men should never, under any circumstance, come into contact with a child not their own. Never. OP should have let the kid die.

Why would you even ask for a reward? I know he didn't actually do that but in his head he was expecting one. You just saves someone's life, that's a reward within itself.

#158 that reasoning is totally messed up, no matter the gender of the adult it is the right course of action to save the kid, what just because the person is a man they are a pedophile or something get your priorities straight

#158 that reasoning is totally messed up, no matter the gender of the adult it is the right course of action to save the kid, what just because the person is a man they are a pedophile or something get your priorities straight

I suppose she would've preferred you be as oblivious as her and let the kid end up roadkill. Great parenting right there. And people need to stop living with their cell phones glued to their ears. They don't even get off the phone to pay for things at a register or in the drive-thru anymore. Unless you're giving President Obama the missile codes to stop WWIII, get off the goddamn phone for a minute!

I guess it's true that no good deed goes unpunished.

LaydiexSkull 3

Awwh. Don't worry OP hopefully that child with acknowledge you as a hero

JayByrd13 6

Ugh, some people just shouldn't breed. Good for you for doing the right thing.

Save a man, you get a thank you. Save a child and you get a verbal warning.

Tell her if you did not touch her son; he would have died.

aznpiboy24 5
MrBoredGuy 1

Didn't MJ already use that one?

For gods sake you idiot. For the LAST friggin time, Michael Jackson did NOT touch children. There was never any proof, the kid admitted it was all a plan to scam money off MJ, and the kid's father committed suicide shortly after MJ died because of shame and guilt. Get a bloody grip, look up the facts. And stop being a retard!

cradle6 13

^The MJ thing is a reference to a South Park episode, in which MJ's kid accidentally pulled off Mj's nose when playing the "got your nose" game. It has nothing to do with child molestation.

uffiewuffie 0

108 - Preach about your feelings somewhere else.

How is that his feelings? Besides blatant irritation, he's only stating facts.