By lpspann87 - 25/04/2011 17:02 - United States

Today, I moved to Florida because I have poor circulation and need to be in a warm environment. The first day at my new job, I discovered my co-worker is an overweight man who wears a wool suit every day, and insists on keeping the office chilled to 65 degrees. I can't feel my fingers or toes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 620
You deserved it 3 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

usually, I would make some witty comment... but this just sucks :(

Just keep your head cool and don't argue with him. You don't want things heating up in the office now do we?

Comments

hazelkee 0

that stinks. average room temp is 68 though.

smileydancer92 2

that's colder than room temperature .

danz123 7

So he's... a fat man in sheep's clothing? Watch out OP, the room's not the only thing that's cold here.

You were honestly hoping that your new office wouldn't use copious amounts of AC in Florida? it's Florida!!! you're going to find how hot and miserable FL can be!

FLA is all about the AC. Shoulda move to HI.

yay! welcome to Flordia OP, we have orange juice :D

Sprocket 5

Whoa, you have orange juice? Us too in Michigan. Now if you mean growing, that might be a different story...

wait so your saying that theres OJ in other parts of the US? wtf, quit stealing our OJ D:

i recomend a space heater for your office if you can have one, or some gloves...or a new job. FYL, op.

Space heaters aren't much more of a fire hazard than a normal heater, if used properly. I've used them for years and never had a problem. If the company is unwilling to make the temperature more bearable overall, they need to be willing to allow such a "risk."

same. my sister has one less than 6 inches from her bed and we've never had a problem, but maybe that's just luck xP they are a fire hazard though, so op would have to check with their boss.

RedPillSucks 31

why does he get to control the thermostat? Does each office have a thermostat? Where I work, there's a thermostat for the entire hall. Perhaps you should have a discussion with him or your manager to come to some mutual agreed temperature.

Alicia17C 2

that's what I was thinking. if his boss keeps it cold then it can b an fml, but why does his co worker have control?

Also what I was thinking. Not to mention OP has a medical condition, so if anyone gets to have 'control' over the AC it should be him/her.

kittykat1501 31
Prankster7o7 5

65 degrees? Puuuuuuuusssssssyyyy!

xyz700 5

He can't do that. If you need to have a warm environment due to a medical condition, your workplace HAS to provide that. they cant put you at risk like that. They'll give you what you want. They'll be terrified of a lawsuit.