Sure, it's always the woman's fault

By Anonymous - 09/03/2015 22:59 - United States - Framingham

Today, I got to listen to my boss lecture me about professional dress and subtly insinuate that my being on the heavier side top-wise with all the men in the office could be a problem. I've worn turtle necks for the whole two months I've been working there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 811
You deserved it 2 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, OP, that's what happens when you only wear turtlenecks and no pants :/

Greenteamextreme 16

lol what kind of outcome is he expecting? For you to remove your boobs?

Comments

I don't like wearing turtle necks cause they're too itchy

Turtlenecks are usually quite fitted, too. So they may not even hide the shape. Shouldn't have to hide the shape though.

and I don't like wearing them because I feel like I'm being choked!

aye, they are awful. Sadly, I've found that if you have larger breasts it doesn't matter what you wear, someone is going to take issue with it.

jcshadow 16

I agree #32 like being choked by a really weak little person

Hilarious and original joke #62! Just kidding, it's ripped off verbatim from Mitch Hedberg's standup. Not cool, dude.

Chill the hell out #68 it's just a joke not a lawsuit, no one cares who said what shit first...

Document it as that is sexual harassment.

Yeah. Clearly someone got a problem with not looking, and then complaining about it... Probably wouldn't matter what OP had put on, they would look anyway. And how a turtleneck is not work appropriate is beyond me, except at Hooters I guess..

I had a friend who had really big boobs and was absolutely gorgeous. She used to wear turtlenecks, and some people had issues with that, except her turtlenecks were extremely tight. Maybe this is the problem for op? If the turtlenecks are tight (which all turtlenecks usually are) then they're probably accentuating her breasts. However, with that said, no matter what op wears, her breasts will most likely always be accentuated. In my friends case, & probably op's, the turtleneck was too tight because she was a small girl (really thin, normal hight) and so she was wearing a size small/medium which fit perfectly everywhere else but was tighter in the boob area. No matter what op wears, unless she buys shirts that are a larger size then what she actually is, the shirt will always be tight in the boob area. Op: Maybe you could go explain to HR that you've been wearing high neck tops and are always decently covered, and that if the boss thinks the shirts are too tight, there's not much that can be done; explain that no matter what shirt you buy, because of how you're built, it will always be tighter in that area and there's nothing that can be done about that. Tell them you can't help that you have bigger boobs, and therefore men will naturally look at them, and there's nothing you can do about that.

Well, OP, that's what happens when you only wear turtlenecks and no pants :/

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Could be worse... could force them to attend a loveshy meeting :D

Greenteamextreme 16

lol what kind of outcome is he expecting? For you to remove your boobs?

Cozy_Blanket 16

Maybe he wants her to do it Mulan style and tape them down.

myoukei 31

Binding is one thing but don't try to use ace bandages to flatten your chest (which is what i assume you mean by tape). That's just going to end in broken ribs and pain 0___0

I think if the men have a problem with your chest, then you should have a talk with HR and get them to talk to your boss and the other men about sexual harassment.

Report him to HR. That is a form of sexual harassment. They may also be able to provide you with a solution of what is considered "work appropriate"

A turtleneck is already work appropriate, so what is there to solve?

There's a possibility the turtlenecks are seen as too tight. Turtlenecks, in general, are always tight and would probably be accentuating op's boobs. However, anything op wears will be too tight in the boob area, unless she goes and buys shirts that are too big and baggy on her.

I'd buy a binder and wear it as soon as possible just to **** with him, but that's just my trollish mindset.

Maybe he is too distracted by them...sounds like a trip to HR is required.

"Oh sorry, just let me take my boobs off"