By vistingherfamily - 25/11/2011 02:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, I met my girlfriend's family. Her mother wants us to stay in separate bedrooms, and I was happy to oblige since I'm staying at their house. But because there isn't an extra room, we have to stay together. Upon entering the house, her mom searched our bags for condoms and birth-control pills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 796
You deserved it 3 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stormer461 13

I always come prepared with the condom already on. They never think to check there.

She will be amazed when she learn what "pull out" technique is.

Comments

tsim_fml 0

You should bang on the wall really loud as of your banging her but your actually not...

tsim_fml 0

if* .. damn annoying to type on an iPod

Or just bang her anyways and pretend you're banging on the wall? ;)

Yeah but what if the mom comes in to check and she sees them?

Whew! Because we wouldn't want you to have SAFE sex or anything! Obviously grandmom-to-be wants you to bareback it. Ride em, cowboy ;)

So she's basically encouraging you to have unprotected sex? Paranoia coupled with naivety is a wonderful thing.

Can't say I ever really got what the point is with looking down on teenagers having sex with condoms. My GF's mum is the same, to the point where if she's not on birth control, and we really want to have sex, we have to carefully hide any condoms we use when we put them in the bin. I for one would be glad if I saw any kids I ever have get a condom, because then at least I know they're having safe sex.

Iknoweverything 29

It doesn't say in the FML that they were teenagers. In fact, if the mother had to search both bags, (hence the word "our" instead of "my") they were probably both adults and her daughter was not living with her. I don't even think they intended on having sex, since OP was happy to oblige by sleeping in a different room. That was really disrespectful of her to assume that they would even after they agreed to her terms!

23, watch out with the condoms, bro, they're not as safe as expected. I deeply suggest your girlfriend to take the pill, maybe with the 'then I have less period cramps' or 'then I can control my period better' excuses. 36, I think they are probably teenagers. Maybe they were staying for the weekend/holidays in a vacation house with the girlfriend's parents. That has happened to me. I only wanted to go if my boyfriend could sleep in the same bedroom as me, my parents agreed, and when we got there, they demanded that I would sleep on their bedroom. Boy, that was one hell of a fight.

Birth control is not 100% effective. I know people who have become pregnant on birth control. It's better to be safe then sorry. Besides birth control doesn't protect against STD's.

Yeah, but the double dutch method is certainly the safest you can be. I always learned that the pill was for 99% safe and condoms just for 75%. Then I think it's safer to use the pill or even both of them.

I use both now. I have a 3 month old son and I am not ready for another baby.

I'm 30 years old and my mom insists my boyfriend and I sleep in separate bedrooms when we come to visit. Then again, I don't think (or *hope* at least) that she would go this far. So this makes me relieved I use NuvaRing instead of the pill. :P If only she knew what kind of sinning went on in her house while my sisters and I were teenagers ...

RainbowHeadache 2
RainbowHeadache 2

Edit: Goddamn it it did it again. Gah, screw it.

princesskb 1

Actually not having sex is the safest.. But let's be realistic here..

She's crazy, her daughter is crazy too. Get out while you're still not married.

1 trust issues....seriously fyl 2 bet dinner was awkward 3 unprotected sexy time?

I think it'll be a great night for you guys... Good luck OP

Good to know she trusts you, OP, and her daughter as well if we're honest. Good luck earning her trust as well, seeing as she doesn't trust her own daughter to behave either.