By Anonymous - 21/08/2011 20:18 - United States

Today, I married the man of my dreams. At the after-party, my psycho grandma stood up, called for quiet, and engaged in a long rant about how this was "the beginning of the end" and advising everyone that the secret to a successful marriage is "cheating, plain and simple". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 313
You deserved it 3 139

Same thing different taste

Comments

That first sentence, wow I'm so happy for you! A lot of people crave that, let the granny be and enjoy eachother!

Secret to successful marriage: Big **** and money. If you disagree, you're obviously gay.

Exactly what I was thinking. Modicum of decorum much?

Sounds like a woman that speaks of experience?

I hope your husband doesn't take it seriously. Next time cross her off the list!

fender412 1
kitsune3 20

Wow...that's...I don't know quite what to say. I guess it could be that she's going senile. Either that or she's serious. Even if she IS serious, you have to think, though, she grew up and got married in a different time. In earlier decades like that, a lot of things were acceptable that aren't any longer. Like rape. Rape wasn't illegal in the 50's and these days it is. Maybe back then, the majority of women cheated and no one was much the wiser at the time. It's funny how much things change in just handful of decades, or even a few years. As long as you're happy in your marriage, you have nothing to worry about. Chin up, OP. Just let your gran be who she is. She can't make you do things her way. It does suck that she made things awkward, but other than that, what's done is done and she has no say in your relationship. Be positive. At least you're married to the guy of your dreams, right? Gran can live with it. ;)