By Anonymous - 08/02/2016 17:43 - Austria
Add a comment - Reply to : #
shame that your food has to go to waste op, but at least you saw it happen so no one will risk cutting themselves on glass shards
I had something like that happen to me, I made a casserole and when I took it out of the oven and sat it on the stove the Pyrex dish it was in exploded and totally destroyed supper :(
Common. Pyrex has a flaw in their glass that if it has been cooled down too quickly, the next time it reaches a high temp and is brought out of the oven, it will explode. And they explode into tiny little slivers. It sucks, and it's something Pyrex has tried to hide. I've seen a few injuries from it. I only use Anchor Hocking when I buy vintage glassware now. You never know the history of the piece and if it was properly cared for.
Natural selection? Extra protein? Toughening your mouth? Really, there are only benefits here