By He Hates Me... - 21/10/2015 00:15 - United States - Ogden

Today, I'm in my third week at a new job. Using an online service our company recommends, I accidentally downloaded a virus that is now working its way through our website, randomly sending our customers Viagra ads via our email. I personally had to tell the founder of the company. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 461
You deserved it 4 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Don't be afraid to admit mistakes, your boss willbe more likely to forgive you when you are actively taking responsibility. Trust me, he will like you for it, unless he is an ass but you can always make another FML :)

...does the company not have real-time antivirus?

This will be funny perhaps a year from now

Antivirus can never afford complete protection because of the nature of vulnerabilities, and even the best firewalls (which go up exponentially in price with respect to quality) can not block everything malicious for the same reason. Unfortunately many companies lack the funds, the foresight, or the knowledge to go with the best or even mediocre protection. I am sorry, OP. It sounds like you did nothing wrong. I hope your higher-ups realize that it was their mistake and not yours.

Not really your fault but you will get the blame. Whoops

How did you manage to download it accidentally? Opening a file you don't trust is never a good idea...

Why? I do it all the time. A file is just information. It can't harm you unless you let it (or are running Windows).

Oh well, I hope you're already looking for another job...