By FailedEngineer - 20/10/2009 21:31 - Australia

Today, I lost my house keys while staggering home drunk, so I decided to climb through an opened window and promptly went to bed. Twenty minutes later the police wake me up while attempting to search my place. The neighbors thought I was a burglar and called the cops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 266
You deserved it 35 647

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ruben7467 0

it happens. thank god you have concerned neighbors. not a fml

Comments

americayay 0

And then what? Nothing happened? That's what I thought.

Veritas143 0

And then he said the cops were racist and had beers with Obama..duh!

I dread getting "busted" every time I have to climb in through a window in my own house too. YDI for being drunk, but props for not driving drunk.

You're so lucky to have such nice neighbors. So many people don't say anything. If your house actually is robbed, you know you're surrounded by a wonderful community who would say something. I hope you appreciate them and return the favor if the need ever arises.

toastnbuttrcheng 0

I wasn't trying to be racist ._. just sounds an awful lot like the Harvard professor.

Maybe if he makes a big enough deal of it, he will be invited to the white house for a beer

mirage24_fml 0

I logged on to ask if you are a Harvard professor.

...So now you know how easy it is to break into your house, and you should make sure not to leave the windows open next time. You got lucky this time, having a way to get in, but next time it could be a burglar hitting the jackpot.

Brooklynxman 0

Where is the fml? Answer the door, explain, thank your neighbors in the morning (explaining to them is optional, depends on how poorly they'd look at you for being drunk off your ass).

This. Being suspected of being a burglar is not a bad thing unless you actually are a burglar.

the_stereotype 0

all i read was, drunk, and pretty much figured out the entire scenario. op, you're a tard.

happyemokid8181 0

FAILURE AT LIFE! how do you lose your keys? They're the jingling things in your pocket... Your story is the reason why I don't drink..... FAILURE! sorry I had to say it again to get my point across. Also, your house must have been really easy to break into because drunk people don't usually get anywhere without falling on their asses. Lock up next time....

Alright, in their defense, I've lost my keys tons of times while sober.

The bible camp brigade strikes again! Seriously you straight-edge ***** are hating on alcohol? I've become accustomed to plenty of shit talking on FMLs involving cigs or bud, but alcohol is the most socially acceptable inebriant (I don't know why though). "alcohol is bad, drunks are stupid, whine whine whine." Shut. The. ****. Up

Damn dude, chill out. And just to be fair, don’t start stereotyping people just because someone went crazy over an FML. You seriously had some issues with christians, but geez, this person didn’t even mention that they were christian! Why don’t you do everybody a favor and calm down. And even though alcohol is the most socially acceptable inebriant, I’m pretty sure getting drunk isn’t the most socially acceptable thing…Although, I have to agree with #66, I’ve lost my keys plenty of times too. OP- I fail to see the FML, this should be more of a “thank goodness I have considerate neighbors” kind of thing.

The real FML in here is that your neighbors were probably watching you through some bush and noticed someone casually making their way into a window. They just don't know that all holes are entrances.

Is that what you tell your girlfriend? (;

Lol. I sort of mistyped. Can you imagine someone looking through a bush to spy one someone?

being drunk automatically = YDI. Just be happy you have neighbors that would call the cops for you.