By ripfluffy - 28/09/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, I learned to check inside the oven before you preheat it. Sometimes children hide their pet rabbit in there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 626
You deserved it 10 026

Same thing different taste

Comments

kid: mommie whats for dinner tonight? mom: rabbit...

To everyone saying "You should always check the preheat oven shelf height" Maybe she set it earlier? Plus, to thos of you saying the kid shouldn't be left alone with the rabbit/shouldn't have one outright... Ever consider the fact they have more than one child? There's such a thing as a "family pet". And kids can do a LOT of things in a small amount of time. My mum left my little brother alone for 5 minutes in the living room when he was 5. She got back and the walls were plastered in crayon.

Agreed. Mom left me and my brother in the tub in our pre-school days for 5 minutes and returned to find the aftermath of a Sharpie duel. No one knows how we smuggled the markers in, either...

I agree with you. I NEVER check the oven before I turn it on because there shouldn't be anything in there and I always keep the shelf height the same every time. As for the whole crap of "if you have a kid and a pet you should expect that" that's just dumb. Just because you have a kid and a pet doesn't mean that you should automatically know that the kid is going to try and put the pet in the oven. Most kids have enough common sense not to do that. If you teach them that the oven is a hot place that burns you then they will leave it alone. I don't understand how people think that you should just expect stuff like that just because you have kids and pets doesn't mean you think of every possible thing they could do to the pet.

I suppose it's fortunate that you aren't a parent, then.

snocap12 0

i look in my oven cause we keep pans in there..so i need to make sure its clear so i don't have to pull really hot pans out afterwards.......

tyhillman 0

#46 I thought #44's vote was pretty funny. OP-Did you at least eat the rabbit afterward lol?

Oh my God. That poor bunny :( imagine him trying to get out! Oh my gosh, I am practically crying right now...

The real FML will be when you're convicted of animal cruelty, savage.

if the child is not old enough to know not to hide the rabbit any place, it should not be left alone with the rabbit.

I can't believe you just baked a live rabbit to death. wtf That's beyond horrible and srsly, carelessness is no excuse for the bunny's obscene death. YDI