By SnurklesMcGee - 12/02/2016 22:08 - Canada

Today, I learned I don't have to spend Valentine's Day alone. My parents invited me along on their date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 587
You deserved it 2 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least they're thinking about you. But decline, let them have their day :)

Psh, go for it. Skip out before dessert so they can enjoy some of their dinner alone and head to the bar. Think of the free food!

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

It's nice that they're thinking about you, but if I was in your position, I would decline the invitation and let them have their date.

Uh it's sweet but I'd rather be miserable at home. That way I'd give them alone time too. I'd feel way worse if I went too. Good luck.

Personally.. I think I'd rather spend it alone....

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's the day of love, they love you too & it's sweet that they thought of you.

I don't know if it's cute that your parents invited you out on Valentine because you were alone or sad that your parents invited you on Valentine because you were alone.

cptncuttlefish 24

My mum buys me a card and chocolates on Valentine's Day...

pacman490 21

So you too get to wine, dine, and....never mind.

Don't worry OP. Valentine's day has become a Hallmark holiday and everything is overpriced anyway, that's why my husband and I never celebrate it. You have 365 days in the year to fall in love and celebrate your relationship, not just one.