By Overprotected - 19/06/2013 14:39 - United States

Today, my parents decided they are going to come with me on my first date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 494
You deserved it 4 641

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn, now you have enough extra wheels for a full car! They probably just don't have enough reasons to get out anymore.

ptuts 6

Maybe you should just invite your date to your house.

Comments

Damn, now you have enough extra wheels for a full car! They probably just don't have enough reasons to get out anymore.

lukep135 6

I thought the wheel joke was funny..

Absolutely! third wheel anyone? come on it's hilarious. This may be the sleep deprivation talking...

The joke was okay, but wouldn't he only have two extra wheels?

A normal date is two wheels, that's why an extra person is called "a third wheel"

48: Yes, but that would still mean she only has 2 *extra* wheels. Original joke should have left out the word extra.

I had meant "has enough extra wheels to, with the original two wheels, make a full car" but surely you can see how it's less funny if I drag it out so much

MichaelT17 9

Why the hell are you guys having a convo about wheels I mean c'mon now

It sucks for the guy she's going on a date with.

subiedude08 17

It's a guy btw u can see at the top of the post

lizzi02 13

Except for the fact that a girl posted this...

Well the good news is that your awkward date won't last very long.

I really feel like your age is an important factor here. IMO If it's over 15/16 I feel like they should just let you be.

flashback.miss 28

True, because if you are over aged, wear a disguise.

Even if they were younger the parents shouldn't go. I mean, there'd be less of a chance for sex (if that's what they were worried about).

I agree that if they are young a chaperone doesn't hurt I mean it's not like the parents have to be right beside them.

I think if you don't trust your kid enough to go on a date alone, then you just shouldn't let them go. Other wise it's just cruel and unusual punishment.

thatsucks4you 7
ptuts 6

Maybe you should just invite your date to your house.

mybarra6 17

If you're really young I could understand them doing it, but if you're older FYL. How old are you OP?

i disagree. no matter what age OP is, her parents joining her first date is just ****** up.

I went on my first date when I was 13. My parents took us to the movies. They went to a different movie and told us to wait for them if we got out first. Then they took us to dinner and let us sit alone. But by the time I was 15 they let me go on dates alone. I think under 14 and you need to have parents there, at least within the same building.

But, the way this FML is worded, it kinda sounds like she means that they are literally going ON the date with them, like, sitting at the same table/in the same movie theatre row/etc. Either way, I kind of feel like, if you are too young to go on a date by yourself, you might be too young to go on a date at all.

I know a guy who's about to have a kid and when she gets older he'll totally do shit like this. He means well, he's just always been rediculously protective of girls, me included, and wants to make sure that they're treated well and respected. He goes a little far sometimes though.