By thoughtcrimeno1 - 06/07/2011 05:27 - United States

Today, I helped an elderly lady unscrew the cooling tank's cap from her smoking car. My reward? A scalding shower of toxic, pungent antifreeze that erupted moments after removing said cap. She didn't even thank me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 846
You deserved it 18 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dumb... just dumb. isn't that the first think we are taught about a car's engine? don't touch the radiator cap when it is hot, or if the car is smoking. YDI

VinegarStrokes 0

Dude you TOTALLY deserved it!!! You're not supposed to unscrew the cap to a radiator right after it has over-heated for that exact reason. It also states it on the cap itself or right next to the cap directly on top of the radiator for idiots like you. If you can't read because you're illiterate then refer to the common knowledge that liquid evaporates when heated up and the steam that is created in the process then pressurizes because it's trapped in a container and is violently released when that container is opened. If you don't know about cars over-heating, can't read, and don't have common knowledge then you shouldn't be ******* around in such a harmful situation regardless of your intentions. So once again-you TOTALLY deserved it. Deuche bag.

Comments

hobofoshoyo 0

She shouldn't be driving give her a quarter and tell her to call a cab

OK genius, smoking = still hot. Therefore wait until it's cooled down. I wouldn't thank you either. She wanted competant help.

AtrumMessor 1

Still your fault. Helping little old ladies is all well and good, but if you're messing around under the hood of a car for ANY reason if you don't know what you're doing, then YDI.

No offense. But that was a extremely stupid idea anyways. But at least you helped!?

spd2fst4u 5

dude. are you dumb? there is a warning right on the cap that says not to remove if the engine is hot. lol

djewel6 0

dude that's why there is an overflow tank for antifreeze you can NEVER remove the radiator cap on a car unless it's cool YDI for being stupid and lucky you didn't suffer severe burns and end up in the ER or burn unit

Dumbass. In drivers Ed they taught us to wait for it too cool down before you open it. Way to pay attention.

YDI. Actually, the lady shouldn't have thanked you - you endangered not only her and yourself, but also the engine. Removing the radiator cap while the engine is still hot not only sprays water and anti-freeze everywhere, it can also damage the engine through cooling it too quickly. And if you don't mange to damage it that way, then pouring cold water into an overheated engine is even more likely to do the trick :o)

jgam013727_fml 0

you dumbass. I'm gay and I even know not to do that. you deserve it.

hiY0UTU13E 0

you dumb ass ur not supposed to unscrew the radiator cap. god