By breathexali - 24/07/2010 10:50 - United States

Today, I had to get bloodwork done. I'm deathly afraid of needles. The whole lobby heard me scream as soon as the nurse said 'hello'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 084
You deserved it 29 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelliejellie 3

lol the nurse probably thinks she is ugly or something, and you screamed when you saw her hahaha.....Today, at work as a nurse, a patient screamed as soon as they saw me when i walked into the room. FML.

No worries, when I had to get a blood test, I had a panic attack, fainted and had to be carried out of the hospital. I still have to go back to get the test done.

Comments

Haha. I laughed so hard on this one. It's like a horror movie. Pawhaha

jennniferlea 4

haha me too. one time i got one and fainted fell through the curtain onto some guys lap and then to the floor hit my head while wearing a dress....ahh!!!

SeaNDouble 1

hey you guys shouldn't be mean to OP that is a serious phobia. I used to be deathly afraid of needles myself so I feel for you there OP. I went on accutane though for 6 months so I had to get over that fear real quick. Now I don't like them, but I can tolerate them.

CDigital_32 0

I understand what you mean I hope I can tolerate them(I can most pain) but you have to admit imagining a nurse walking in and going "Hello, Today we-" and then a shrill terrified scream is pretty funny. But I wouldn't call her a pussy/pansy. It's a rational fear that comes from how unnatural it is.

I used to be like that. When I was a kid, I will scream and try to run away. I am still not a fan of them until this day, but I am much better. I am in my young twenties and I just get nervous, but I try to remain calm by reminding myself that it is just a pinch, and that it will be all over in a few seconds. I hope that you will get over your fear of them eventually. As for others who are poking fun at you, ignore them. Everyone has fears towards certain things, and it is not abnormal for a person to not be able to overcome a certain fear. It will only be an issue if they are scared of a ton of things.

I don't know if i should pitty you for your phobia, or laught because you screamed hard enought for the whole lobby to hear you because of a hello?

sind3r3la 0

yes 26, I had a kid when I was 13. big deal

stedfastwolf 11

I am afraid of needles to but I'm trying to get over it I never even got the swine flu vaccine and I was 15 then and didn't get it because I hate needles

SapphireSympathy 7

oh my gosh!!!! i hate needles too. i always started to cry as soon i saw the nurse or the doctor come in with the medical tray. id start bawling by the time he/she would touch my arm. but now im all good. lol. i just sing one my fave songs in my head. idky but ppl say not to look. but looking helps me. FYL