By Anonymous - 11/03/2014 18:51

Today, I had to explain to my husband that it's biologically impossible for cats and dogs to cross-breed, and that his "brilliant idea" of getting ours to mate is just plain disturbing. He still doesn't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 992
You deserved it 4 358

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Brightbulb 39

It's cat-dog in real life! Maybe you should show him the cartoon, then he will understand it's a dead and impossible concept.

I fear for your cat and dog. Good luck with him OP.

Comments

Let the man make his dot. If it is possible to breed a lion and a tiger together (through artificial insemination of course) than it is at least possible to breed a dog and cat together. Who know if he does he might just make a new species of asshole dogs or cats that fetch.

He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he?

Only a guy would understand how absolutely amazing that sounds

We all know it's possible. We've seen CatDog.

nurchok 15
ohhaiithere 5

Actually do your research because cats and dogs are the only two animals that can cross bread. I guess I'm the only one who listened in science.

Please tell me that you're joking. If not, you are so, so wrong.

its not biologically impossible, just biologically improbable, and the pairing would have to be artificially inseminated using an altered egg to accept the gene pairs. although from what i've seen from actual crossbred animals like Fox/Skunk Hybrids the outcome wouldn't be what you'd want it to be.

Theoretically it is possible. How do you think mules were created? They were created by a male donkey and female horse. So the same could be done with cats and dogs. But you will never know until it's preformed which traits it gets from each animal. You could get the best traits from each or the worst or end up on the middle, you'll never know.

valentinov 15

Your comparison is just stupid. You CAN breed a dog species with another dog species. Just like you CAN breed a cat species with another cat species. Just like you CAN breed a horse species with another horse species. Or a donkey. In nature, a dog CAN'T breed with a cat. This is called cross-species breeding. And in nature, cross-breeding is impossible. In a lab however... It's debatable.

Interspecies breeding is actually a viable theory as to why evolution went so fast. It, THEORETICALLY, would produce random new species. Also #92 i think you mean breed when you say species.