By :( - 02/03/2016 14:13 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, I had a Chinese test. Our teacher decided to wait until yesterday to tell us about it because she "knew" we wouldn't study anyway and she didn't want to stress us out. I'm pretty sure I failed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 298
You deserved it 1 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pretty big assumption from your teacher to say nobody would study. There are people who never study, but everyone should be given a chance to succeed and try his/her best.

Surprise test = surprise fail. Maybe that's what you should have written on your test. In Chinese.

Comments

You obviously don't know the definition of the word "test". How about you get off the internet and open your ******* book and study, ftou dumb ****.

Your teacher makes no sense. If you're not going to study regardless of when they tell you, they could have told you early on aswell. It would have ended the same way. FYL OP

Axel5238 29

If the student was doing the work and studying the material as they should be a surprise test would be no problem. Things in life aren't going to happen always as scheduled. Sometimes they happen with little or no advance notice . Things happen unexpectedly and your teacher is getting you ready for that. OP, you are gonna have last min tasks or projects with little to no warning get used to being ready at any given point.

While I do understand why this is upsetting for students, are you supposed to be studying only when you know for sure there's a test? In my case that would mean one of the best way to fail!

Chinese is not a language. It's either Mandarin or cantanese. Reference: Russell Peters.. :D

If you're correcting someone at least be correct yourself. It's "Cantonese"... which, as has already been pointed out, is a dialect of the Chinese language, so it is perfectly fine to use the word "Chinese" to describe it.

And there are way more than just 2 dialects of Chinese.

I always make sure I study my notes each night so I know what I'm learning after each lesson. If you don't do that, give that a try, it's helped me immensely because the material sticks with me. Good luck!

If it is that kind of test it shouldn't count towards your grade - if it does FYL

Axel5238 29

Why would it not count towards their grade? They are expected to know the material regardless of notice of exams or quizzes. You aren't ever going to be prepared for everything that comes your way, but if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing unless it's a big project dumped on you last minute( I could see that) you should be prepared and do fine.

Sometimes you have quizzes or mock tests that don't make up part of the overall grade as opposed to exams where it does count. yes you should know it but it depends what is being asked really.

If you know so little, that you can't scrape at least a pass without having days of study, then you should pay more attention in class. If you can only pass the test by cramming, you probably haven't retained any of the information which makes the class utterly pointless.

Ever hear of a pop quiz? You should be studying anyway.

There's a difference between a pop quiz, which usually covers the topic form the day before, and a test, which usually covers weeks of material

Gotta love when idiots determine your future