By Username - 28/07/2011 21:36 - United States

Today, I got the worst sunburn I've ever had in my life, and then discovered I'm allergic to aloe when I went to treat the burn with some gel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 507
You deserved it 3 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

we have this thing called sunscreen, you prob should've used some!!

Comments

daltyboy 0

im srry:( must hurt.... take a cold shower it helps me

Quite frankly... the best treatment for a sunburn is ice and just regular lotion, or ice alone. I'm as fair as ever and have gotten multiple sunburns in my life. A doctor would tell you the same thing about treatment. Before I became a Nurse Practitioner, my dad, who's a pharmacist, was always told in university when they talked about burns, that for a sunburn, you MUST have ice. I'm not even kidding, if you don't use ice, your skin will keep burning. It's like cooking a hardboiled egg, if you don't put it in ICE water, it keeps cooking. I was even told in university that you MUST use ice, without question. Than regular lotion to moisturize. I can't stress it enough to people about sunburns and the treatment for it. I've been through it personally, and nothing works better than ice and regular lotion. Screw those gels. You MUST MUST MUST use ice!!!! Also use sunscreen... even if you like to tan, because that's also unhealthy.

Shit, you opened your mouth again, ****..

Did anyone read he's comment 'cause I didn't...

DKjazz 20

I did. The gist of it is "If you get a sunburn, put ice on it". The rest is justification of his claim.

simonisnotacat 4

hey. guess what. you could have just said "sucks for you. use ice" you are rather redundant

What about really freezing water cuz wut are you going to do about blisters, or was i too late

wow... you guys are really lazy if you can't read a paragraph... #81 Freezing water??? That's what ice is! #49 If I didn't justify my "claim" as you call it, than idiots like you guys wouldn't understand. A doctor would give you a paragraph... medical books are always in paragraph. It's not a claim if it's true, and obviously you don't know what a claim is. #79 Explain to me in full detail on why using ice to STOP burning skin is a bad idea? Talk to anyone in the health industry and they'll tell you exactly what I said. Lotion moisturizes... it slows the burn, but it doesn't get rid of the actual burning skin as quick as ice.

anotherNERD12560 0
DKjazz 20

I'm feeling a lot of hostility here. I couldn't think of the right word in that instance, so I put "claim". "Justify his facts" sounds better anyway. Listen, I'm on your team as far as spreading the knowledge goes, but I personally like my comments brief and concise.

try 50/50 vinegar and water and put vanilla extract in it. the vinegar takes the burn out while the vanilla helps sooth

this works only if you use alcohol free vanilla. otherwise the alcohol in the vanilla extract will burn, and dry the f* out of your skin

simonisnotacat 4

true story. tried that before. stings like a bitch

livinthefridge13 1

this must be the third time some1 posted this SAME FML

Just curious...how did you know you were allergic to aloe? Your skin got red and itchy?

she put it on that's how she knows who cares what happened

but that's a difficult subject for her to understand...

I'm just asking how the aloe affects the skin differently than the sunburn. Tell me why or you're just blowing smoke.

I get a boner everytime I see your ugly display picture.

zoezola 0

i feel your pain. im allergic to sunscreen and aloe. fortunately usually its not the actual aloe, just all the chemicals the companies put in it. try getting an aloe plant it works/feels much better than the aloe vera from a bottle

Yes but when you put anything on a sunburn, it's going to hurt like heck. I'm just wondering what it did to make OP conclude that he/she was allergic.

That was kind of the wrong comment that I replied too, but it's still kind of applicable. How does the aloe affect you so that you know you're allergic?

guys what if she/he did wear sunscreen? hmmmm? sunscreen doesnt work on everyone ppl. I wear sunscreen at the spf im supposed to have and i still get burnt. so quit saying that.

well than the only other solution is to cover up... if you wear less clothes, you have a higher chance of getting a sunburn. I get sunburns too, and I'm really fair, but I actually wear clothes... not expose myself, and so than it reduces my chances of getting burnt. Besides... wearing less clothes makes you hotter, not cooler.

johnson94 5

you're much more attractive when you don't say anything...

it also depends on how much you rub it in. If you rub it too much you will start to rub it all off

chengy4191 7

then get the next highest SPF ydi

It's the same principle for any allergy... the body simply rejects it. OP could have sensitive skin.

lovleynicole 0

I had the same thing happen to me!!

simonisnotacat 4

cool story bro. tell it again.