By Anyonehiring - 28/06/2016 01:05 - United States - Tempe

Today, I had the great pleasure of meeting my replacement, who was sitting at my desk in my office. My boss must've forgotten to mention to me that I've been fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 899
You deserved it 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mds9986 24

Well hopefully you let your replacement know about this so that person knows their job can be gone at any moment too.

sonasonic 34

Wow talk about throwing professionalism out the door.

Comments

mds9986 24

Well hopefully you let your replacement know about this so that person knows their job can be gone at any moment too.

sonasonic 34

Wow talk about throwing professionalism out the door.

Considering that you don't live in a Right-to-Work state, I feel it safe to assume you're a union member, which I'm pretty sure means you can take that nonsense straight to HR for a fair representation of your case. Good luck, OP

mariri9206 32

It's also an at will state so OP's employer can fire them (or anyone) at any given time without reason or cause, provided they haven't done anything to give OP beliefs that it's a discriminatory firing. Right to work has to do with the decision of joining or not joining a union not affecting your chance to work, not firing you after you've been hired.

So long as he forgets to stop paying you, who's worried?

How come all the most shocking workplace stories are invariably from the USA? Do employees have no rights whatsoever over there?

That's about the size of it. Some states are better than others, though.

Basically, if it's not due to sexism, racism, or a religious reason, in quite a few places you can get fired for something stupid like sneezing during a meeting.

You could jokingly say you have a few skeletons in your drawers still. but sadly that is messed up your boss let you uninformed

That would suck, but right after going to get ice cream during work hours, taking a walk during work hours, watching a movie during work hours, meeting new people during work hours, other location based activities during work hours, and then finding a better job.