By rune breaker - 23/08/2018 22:05

Today, I got the hiccups during an exam. I wasn't allowed to leave to get a drink of water, so I had to sit there and take my test while hiccuping violently. The teacher ended up sending me to the hall and ripping up my test for "distracting the other students". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 511
You deserved it 224

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should go to the principal about this. That’s not a reasonable reaction from your teacher, and you should get dispensation to retake the exam.

Holding my breath has never gotten rid of hiccups. The only way I can get rid of mine is by drinking water.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Holding my breath has never gotten rid of hiccups. The only way I can get rid of mine is by drinking water.

Drinking water doesnt help me but holding my breath for like 15 seconds stops it.

Emma Marshall 19

Yeah sure except it doesn't always work.

GIJoefan 6

Everybody’s different. While it works for some people it may not work for others. Drinking water worked for a while with me, then it stopped working, so I had to move onto holding my breath. Things change. The body adapts.

You should go to the principal about this. That’s not a reasonable reaction from your teacher, and you should get dispensation to retake the exam.

This happened to me a lot as a kid. My hiccoughs sound weirdly like a mix between burping and almost vomiting so it's SUPER distracting. Teachers used to think I was doing it on purpose because other kids could burp on command. I never learned how to do that, but teachers never believed me.

thats when you look at him and say next time let me get my damn water

boopingsnoot 24

I’ve had hiccups so strong, I almost knocked my desk over in class. Freaking out about it can make it worse, calm deep breathing can lessen the severity and frequency. Cold carbohydrates set me off - cold french fries, refridgerated bread, plain room-temp pasta.

I had a teacher who once told me to get out and not come back until they were gone. Came back at the end of the period to get my stuff and she was pissed as hell.... until I hiccuped in front of her. Your teacher sounds like an ass

I’ve never understood why people become teachers if they dislike kids.

izzy_the_pessimist 4

omg I've had that happen to...