By oops - 15/07/2012 05:34 - United States

Spicy
Today, I got into a debate with my boyfriend over whether or not oral sex was considered sex. I stood firm that it was not. Apparently, he took this as permission, as later that night I walked in on him not having sex with my sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 841
You deserved it 44 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that doesn't change the fact he was doing something that isn't G rated with your sister. Kissing isn't sex either, but it's considered cheating. Just because it isn't sex doesn't mean it is not wrong to do.

I_Hug_Cats 26

well it is called oral SEX for a reason...

Comments

I am wondering how many blow jobs OP has given will in her relationship. Afterall, it's not cheating to her.

What a douche! I'd leave him. If he cheats, he is simply not worth your time.

OP says nothing to her b/f about oral sex being cheating. What I really want to know is why your sister is such a bitch.

I don't understand why people say you deserved it. Just because it isn't sex doesn't mean it isn't cheating. Your sister is a bitch and your boyfriend is a douche. Sorry.

Remind him that you never gave him permission to get intimate with someone else (even if you did say oral doesn't equal sex), and then break up with him.

You yourself said it was not sex so no harm, no foul.

redmane 21

She said that oral sex isn't sex. It's still cheating whether or not she thinks it's classified as sex. Your comment makes no sense.

AClassActx3 7

Oral sex IS SEX Is SEx You idiot.. Youthink they put that word apart of the name for decoration ??

Actually, a lot of people consider sex to include penetration, therefore oral sex may not be included. It's a matter of opinion. Some people still say "I'm a virgin" even though they've (only) had oral sex.

198, A lot of people are ill-informed. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. "Virgin," used by itself, applies to genital penetration. Have you never seen "oral virgin" or "anal virgin" or even "bungee-jumping virgin"?

I have, but they don't necessarily apply to the same thing. Being an anal virgin doesn't mean you're a virgin. Being a "virgin" in the common sense (ie vaginal penetration) doesn't mean you haven't tried oral sex etc. They CAN be dependent on each other, but they can also be independent is what I'm saying. Therefore, opinion. Take a look at comment #218. "To me, oral sex isn't sex, but it is sexual activity." That's what I'm trying to get at. Some people believe "sex" is "sexual intercourse" and therefore doesn't include oral. Others believe because the phrases "anal sex" or "oral sex" have the word "sex" in them, they must be "actual sex". I'm not saying I'm one of them. I consider oral sex to be right up there with vaginal sex. I'm trying to get you to see there are other perspectives to look at.

RedPillSucks 31

@207. It's not a fact, it's a social convention. While I happen to agree with you that it's sex, the debate is still valid. It's not a matter of being ill informed that people consider sexual activity without penile-vaginal content to not be sex. That's what the discussion was with OP and her BF. The fact that he took her denial as a green light to have an activity without understanding that it's still cheating, is his moral failing, not hers. As many people have said, there are lots of activities that might not be considered sex but would still be considered cheating. The discussion and convention is what creates the wide gap between Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.

You obviously need to be much more specific with your Dolt of a boyfriend, if your still together that is