By oh why... - 20/12/2013 14:51 - United States

Today, I got a ransom note saying, "We have kidnapped your husband and won't release him unless you postpone the wedding." The wedding is tomorrow and it was in his handwriting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 442
You deserved it 4 489

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reminds me of the idiot who staged his own kidnapping to go out drinking with friends.

Oh those canny kidnappers. Forcing the hostage to write his own note!

Comments

Reminds me of the idiot who staged his own kidnapping to go out drinking with friends.

wlddog 14

The day before the wedding, the best man and groomsmen knock on his door, the groom answers "Hey guys, your here early......" The gang rushes him and tackles him, forces him to write his own random note, and then they all go to the club and laugh it off, leaving the poor groomsmen blindfolded and bound in the strip club, with a few strippers paid off to tease him and not release him all night and cover him with thick lipstick kisses. Only right before the wedding is he released and dragged to the wedding, his friends laughing the whole way.

That would be a terrible best man. His job is to keep the groom safe.

How about this. He's been kidnapped by the best man and stuffed into a safe until the wedding!

I guess it's still better than the guy that faked his own kidnapping because he failed his english class.

Number 21 that sounds like the first Hangover.

wlddog 14

That is close to what i pictured. Or saving Silverman. Maybe a mix of the two.

amaindayyy46 20

That truly does suck, sorry :/

caohm 18

coward, there's probably nothing where his balls should be.

JMichael 25

He can't just tell you in person that he doesn't want to marry you?

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I wouldn't go as far as to say OP's husband doesn't want to marry her. My thoughts are that he's just super nervous, and honestly, who wouldn't be? That's a big moment in anyone's life, but damn do I hate people that pull shit like this last minute. If he truly isn't ready he really should have said something sooner, rather than the day before. Hopefully you can discuss the issue before the whole ceremony is ruined.

SuperMew 22

Even if he was nervous, doing something like that is not really called for. If you are nervous, you talk to the person you are with. If he cannot be honest with her now, what if they have kids? Sorry the kid was kidnapped because I didn't want them to go to kindergarten or sorry kidnapped postpone the baby. Personally, if someone pulled this on me I would not marry them anyways.

It's because he's a coward. He would rather hide from his fiancé rather than tell her how he feels. It would have been much less hurtful for him to tell OP: "Hon/babe/ECT Can we postpone the wedding? I'm a bit nervous." Or something along those lines. I don't actually think he doesn't want to marry OP. He'd have to be a real asshole to leave and not come back, and I think he's just nervous. If that isn't the case, then OP doesn't deserve that scum. Hopefully he came back and had a nice long chat with OP.

I think he's trying to tell you something...

Evidently he says he's already her husband.

ABarrelHorseGirl 8

I was going to like this but keeping it at 69 was just better.

You need to have a serious conversation with him.

And then please give us the follow up OP

jazzy_123 20

Sounds like he's having second thoughts.

Oh those canny kidnappers. Forcing the hostage to write his own note!

Maybe they did it to prove to her the husband is still alive...

Who would really kidnap somebody just for you to postpone the wedding?

perdix 29

Main suspect: The OP's dad who, traditionally, be paying for the whole thing. Motive: not paying for the whole thing.

crazytwinsmom 25

Everything is pretty much paid for by the day before.

perdix 29

Not true, they often just have some down payments and deposit money. People can easily postpone wedding debt for a while after the I do's.