By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 08:11 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a phone call to say my workplace was closed due to extreme weather conditions. Looking forward to my day off, I then realised the boiler was broken and my house has no heating despite there being a foot of snow outside. I'm spending the day in bed, wearing all my clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 721
You deserved it 2 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

not working, in bed all day, and all rugged up sounds like a good day to me=)

Go impose on friend with a warm fireplace and a mountain of hot chocolate

Comments

Lol it's been negative in Canada for the entire week. FYL I guess, but just suck it up and deal with it.

lol where in Canada are you? it just started snowing yesterday here in Leamington, Ontario. it was rainy and warmish (as in didn't need a coat but a sweater was required lol) on Tuesday!

in montreal it was +10 yesterday with rain. snow is better

I'm in Oakville, MB (Which is ironic, since #13 is from Oakville, ON) and it's -20 here. Our first real snow fall was mid-November and I think we've gotten like 2 feet since then. Still haven't gotten a snow day yet though :/

lucky bugger. I want snow! damn you global warming!

XTheDesertSongX 17

Damn you, Global Warming! Wait, it doesn't exist. Thanks, Gore(: By the way nice Serj picture!

if you honestly don't believe in gobal warming than you need to open your eyes and do some research on how much the weather has changed over the years.

it's actually called climate change not global warming.

XTheDesertSongX 17

It's gotten colder here over the years stupid. Liberal? I think so.

Cyosaric 0

People are stupid. It used to be weirder ten years ago. It's just an excuse for the economy. Also, remember the Ice Age. The Earth is just wierd.

XTheDesertSongX 17
RedPillSucks 31

Sigh! It's not about coldness, it's about extreme weather changes. And, sorry, I wasn't around during the ice age, so I have no memory of it.

sourgirl101 28

So you don't believe in the "Ice age" because you weren't around to witness it? Just trying to understand where you are come from?(:

ok first of all there are scientific facts that prove that global warming is indeed happening. just because you may not be able to see it first hand does not mean it isnt going on. so the question/debate/wtv should not be whether or not global warming exists but rather what the cause is.

climate change is just a man made concept designed to make people "go green." Ad scientific evidence can be manipulated to suit anyones theory...

sourgirl101 28

How about the "cause" that there's BIG money behind scaring people into believing what you want them to think. Sorry, I'm going to bow out of this conversation because it is way over my head. But just because it's feed to you doesn't mean you need to eat it!

nerdwithagun 0

65, you do realize that scientific evidence isn't just a load of **** and bull, right? I mean, did you ever even pay attention in school when you were a kid? When basically all scientists support a conclusion, it is the undeniable truth.

RedPillSucks 31

Sourgirl, I didn't say I didn't believe in the Ice age, I was just making a joke because Cyosaric said "Remember the Ice age". I'm not sure how believing in the ice age differs from believing in climate change? Aren't they both supported by scientific evidence? Why is one valid but the other not?

XTheDesertSongX 17

OH LORD I HAVE STARTED A HUGE FIGHT

WesleyW32 10

How stupid are you? The climate has changed very little over the years. Far less than predicted. Ask a college history professor what they think about global warming. They'll laugh at you. Temperatures have fluctuated throughout history, so this "global warming" is BS.

You'd be warmer if you moved around instead of sitting still... Do some cooking, then you can get warm standing round the stove and oven.

Must be from the UK...snow here has reached another level 4 ft tall so far

good time to practice snow survival and keeping warm in the snow

XTheDesertSongX 17

I have an idea to keep your mind off of the cold, unforgiving weather! Go to work(: Wait.. FFUUUUUUU-

ulicksam 0

You have no heat and don't have to go to work but you're going to stay in bed all day instead of getting the boiler fixed? YDI for being a sloth.

Yeah! Because when I hear "Extreme Weather Conditions" and my job is closed which can be 3 times bigger than my house, I know MY house isn't going to get problems too.