By Anonymous - 22/12/2013 06:56 - Australia - Elwood

Today, I got a call at 4 in the morning from the security company, saying someone had broken into my workplace. I drove an hour out there, only to find out it was a rat that had set off the alarm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 543
You deserved it 3 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe the rat belonged to a rival company which they raised and trained so it can spy on you. Be very careful OP.

Comments

friedpwnadge 25

This is no small problem. If you have politicians in your workplace then there must be an unsecured source of money on the premises. Make sure to lay out some traps.

I'm sure you can change the setting to where little things like that don't set it off

JocelynKaulitz 28

Not a creature was stirring, not even a m---oh wait…

Maybe the rat belonged to a rival company which they raised and trained so it can spy on you. Be very careful OP.

You're probably right. Maybe OP could learn some kaRATe to defend themselves.

I need to know your workplace's address, OP. If it takes a hour for someone to arrive after the alarm has been set off, then I'm in for some nighttime activity.

rg350dx 29

Seriously. I thought most security companies called the police for you after establishing there was a break in, not have what I assume to be the proprietor, take an hour car ride to get to the scene. Might be time to switch security companies or just invest in an array of booby traps.

Maybe OP should lay trip wires everywhere causing a mass release of Koffings which they then proceed to use smokescreen

#20, many police departments will fine you if you have too many false alarms. A better security company will investigate for you and call police if necessary. A few more of those 2 hour drives and you'll be hiring a new security company to do the rat patrols.

Wizardo 33

Looks like you got into a game of mouse trap but ended up in a rat trap, maybe try a sensor that can distinguish between sizes next time.

Why driving to your company, when you have to drive one hour?

Sometimes motion sensors are great...some you can pick the weight for the alarm to go of at...try that...

rg350dx 29

I'm just imagining a psycho from borderlands getting it's ass beat by a giant rat. Thanks for the image. It's quite entertaining.

Comet_Candy 23

11 - I completely agree. I'd rather deal with rats than a burglar. The former tend to be less dangerous.

just be thankful it was just only a rat