By mrsimintrouble - 29/07/2016 06:01 - United States - Redding

Today, my first day on the job, I locked up the office after everyone left and set the alarm. An hour later, my new boss angrily emailed me that I locked him inside the building, setting off the alarm and prompting the entire police department to show up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 747
You deserved it 2 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless they gave you proper instructions on how to do it you're not to blame. Granted, someone should've stayed with you just in case.

Promoting an entire police department? Your office must be super popular with law enforcement.

Comments

Unless they gave you proper instructions on how to do it you're not to blame. Granted, someone should've stayed with you just in case.

True, but unfortunately it seems like OP's boss doesn't feel this way

It's a little weird that the boss doesn't know the code to disarm the alarm. When my dad was president of his small-medium sized company since he was usually the first in/last out he decided on the 4-digit code. Also, whenever there was a "breach" he'd get a call from the security company alerting him and asking if police should be dispatched (same thing with our home alarm system, actually).

He had the proper instructions. The problem was that the building wasn't empty yet.

Promoting an entire police department? Your office must be super popular with law enforcement.

The FML was published with the spelling error, and later changed. Made me laugh extra hard the first time I read it. As my eyes auto-corrected it, then caught the error.

That was a completely different word you idiot, just because you aren't smart enough to spell doesn't mean you're right.

redcode5 17

Rip, but its ok since you are the new guy.

flying_chicken13 9

YDI, idiot. You should have checked if the building was empty before setting the alarm. I hope you lose your job.

It's not OP's fault. They didn't know that anyone was still inside. But because it was their first day someone should've been with them just in case.

Well aren't you a douchebag? It was an honest mistake and at least they did lock up the building. The boss should never have left an employee to lock up on their first day. If anyone, the boss did it.

wow I didn't realize that being human and making a mistake is justification to fore someone who's new and isn't quit sure what they're doing. sounds like to me the managers are more to blame in this situation..

Shhh! Troll alert. Maybe if we stay quiet he'll leave.

On a positive note...at least he knows you did your due diligence and did it right. just make sure 100% next time that no one is in there

I've been locked in with the alarm set. Not the end of the world , they should chill the F out.

And that was the last time you fell asleep on the can.

graphicstyle7 17

It was your first day, why were you the one locking up?

right? sounds like this is more of the managers fault..

Did you not check to make sure everyone vwas actually gone?

Notsosmartical 5

How? OP didn't know their boss was still inside the building.