By uneducated - 07/03/2010 00:49 - United States

Today, I found out that my 50-year-old Father is the 'Sugar Daddy' to a 20-year-old. He wasted my college funds on her, which I have been dutifully saving for ever since I was 10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 403
You deserved it 2 326

Same thing different taste

Comments

ducu 0

Kill that bitch.....she deserves it....and your father, hmm.....he can live...for now, but he has to give all that money back ;)

if he took it out of a joint account without your permission you can sue him for your money. call child services and a lawyer

unknown_female 0

lol i would slap him and sue him and throw him off a cilff and sue him and slap him...and sue him

usually sickerdoodlz is just a plain dumbass wow that is a change.....

ozymandias_fml 0

I hate these FMLs. If it was 'your' money, how did he get access to it? That's right, it was a joint account that you let him have access to, legally making it his money, too.

How do you know he hasn't been using HIS card? Maybe he helps out sometimes and let his parents know his account information, that's how my brother is. Just because it's your account, it doesn't mean you are the sole person to access it.

*Legally* the money may be shared; *morally* that doesn't excuse what the father did, not for a second. My parents are on my bank account in case something happens while I'm at school and they need to deal with the bank. Nevertheless, I earned every cent in that account MYSELF, and I would be furious if my parents took it out and spent it for themselves. People may say that my parents raised me and I owe them, and I do owe them a lot, but there is a difference between owing your parents/paying them back and having your parents STEAL your money for their own selfish, homewrecking purposes.

As a parent you sort of have the responsibility to care of the child, it's sort of illegal to leave the child without what they need. If you don't want to take on the challenge of having a kid, don't have one. A child shouldn't have to OWE the parents for raising them, you should be thankful if they were good parents and not crack heads or didn't abuse you mentally, physically, or sexually, but it still doesn't mean you owe them for NOT doing those things. It's like paying every person in the world for not breaking the law, sure it's an incentive but it should also be common sense to try and take care of your responsibilities the best you can.

Every time something like this is posted, people insist that it's the OPs fault for not having their parents removed from the account asap. I don't know about you guys, but I trust my parents, and I feel bad that some have obviously grown up in situations where they can't do the same. Something like this is never the OPs fault, because nobody should have to worry about being betrayed by the people who raised them.

I hope that this was a made up story just to post something, but if not I would seriously contemplate cutting your dad out of your life. If he will **** you over once he will certainly do it again.