By Anonymous - 17/09/2014 22:10 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I found out my wife named our son after her ex-lover. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 823
You deserved it 3 387

Same thing different taste

Comments

My mom named my little brother after her pet hamster that she had when she was young. XD

Please tell me your little brother's name is Fluffy

Well I know I'd be mad if I found that out. I just hope she just liked the name.

ThomasBombadil 31

Oh snap! Just remember it's not the kids fault.

it haunts for the rest of your life..my sister accidently named my niece after my ex...

I don't think you should let it "haunt you for the rest of your life." It's just a name and she didn't do it on purpose. You should give the name new meanings and associations so when you hear that name your niece is the first thing that comes to mind, not your ex. Time to move on maybe.

kingdomgirl94 29

Its possible that OP, not knowing the association, liked the name and agreed.

paramor3 23

It could be worse...could have named the kid hashtag or something!

Or Lol. There's a lot of kids in our country with the name Lol.

ninety 25

At this point he might rather have the kid named hashtag.

Lol was a genuine nickname (not entirely sure what short for) long before the internet shorthand. I grew up 20 years ago with a local old gentleman whose name, or nickname at least, was Lol.

paramor3 23

#49 Haha...these hoes ain't loyal

paramor3 23

#64 well that's interesting! I had never heard that before! That's hilarious. Who knew :P

#64: It sounds like his name may have been Lyle, but people use a local dialect, so it sounds like Lol. Just an idea.